General Nokia phone questions

Covfam

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Howdy Y'all

My wife and i are looking at moving to WP8 devices but i have a concernt and my wife does as well. First for me i have a condition with my eyes that do not handle bright light very well, and all 3 of my previous Android phones (motorola electrify,htc droid incredible samsung galaxy s 3) are so bright at it brightest setting that i cant use them long in the vening or in the car at night, they are so bright in fact that i can use the screen as a pseudo flashlight to navigate my house at night without turning on lights!

i do know that some devices like my kindle fire, and my wifes ipad3, my ipod touch 3rd gen and my wifes iphone 4 all dimmed down enough to be usable at night without blinding. do the nokia phones have a wide range of brightness adjustment or is it like most android device were you get 2 options bright and brighter?

next is a question for my wife, she is is a physician ad a small clinic and she provides powerpoint speaches and meetings several times a year and with all her android or ios devices she has had to use unreliable work arounds to get her outlook, powerpoint and excel stuff to work. will this also be the case with winp8?

Thanks for your help :)

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone 8 can edit and show PowerPoint presentations through the built in Office application. Screen brightness can be set to a certain level (3 tier) or be set to adjust automatically. With SkyDrive any changes she makes while on the road will instantly be available on any device connected to her SkyDrive.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
For your wife, the WP8 platform should work great for her. Office built in so that you can edit on the fly. I love that feature about the phone.

For you, the brightness has auto settings. My current WP can get really bright too, and used a flashlight, but there are 3 settings you can manually adjust to.

holzlondon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I think most Nokia screens have a good automatic brightness adjustment. I'm still using an N8 on Symbian, waiting for that Lumia 920, but my wife has a Lumia 800, and I sometimes browse the web on it at night in the dark without feeling it is too bright. I have quite sensitive eyes as well, (even need to wear shades when it's cloudy), and I don't think it's too bright.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Agree with all of the above. Also Windows Phone has a "dark" theme where most of the negative space is pitch black with highly legible white lettering and that I think is ideal for someone who is sensitive to bright light (which I am somewhat).

The dark theme is one of the things I like best about Windows Phone actually. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss