(UK) Lumia 920 Pre-order @ Unlocked-Mobiles.com

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920

I managed to find the Sim-Free Unlocked Nokia Lumia 920 for ?469.99 here. The question is, will we be able to find the phone any cheaper soon?

My budget for a new phone really stretches to ?400, leaving me choosing between the HTC 8X or the Lumia 820. I'd much rather have the 920 but I don't think I could justify spending that much. Next in line for specs would be the 8x, but I have seen HTC abandon (regarding support) pretty much every one of their phones for their next big thing, whereas Nokia continue to support their phones.

If only the 820 has Guerilla Glass and possibly a higher res screen (I know its not important but it would sure be nice).

Decisions decisions...

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
?500 lol Nokia must be having a laugh ? i am still not sure whats so great about wireless charging when it takes longer and restricts the use of the phone and having a amazing camera for a phone still only makes it a phone camera and not yet a threat to any half decent dedicated camera therefore i don't understand why people are so excited for this phone but each to their own

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Taking a break from the Surface delivery thread *sigh* I'm really torn now about which handset to pick up. Initially I felt it was Lumia 920 or nothing, but it's tough to justify if the price is going to be so much higher than the 8X. :straight:

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I certainly don't think it's worth ?100 more than the HTC 8x!

As a piece of hardware i agree. As a package, not sure i agree.

In the next year, just how much exclusive, and timed exclusive software will Nokia give people? And how much will HTC give?

I've had a HTC phone for 2 years, and theres like one useful app. Nokia are producing stuff all the time.

I'd much rather spend ?400 than ?500, but if i got the 8X, i'm certain i'll always look at the 920 as the one that got away, and i'll get angry with myself every time i read about another Nokia exclusive.

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

In the next year, just how much exclusive, and timed exclusive software will Nokia give people? And how much will HTC give?

I've had a HTC phone for 2 years, and theres like one useful app. Nokia are producing stuff all the time.

I'd much rather spend ?400 than ?500, but if i got the 8X, i'm certain i'll always look at the 920 as the one that got away, and i'll get angry with myself every time i read about another Nokia exclusive.

You know what?......................your last sentence is true! I feel I may feel the same, I'm just not sure what to do. I was set on the yellow 920 but I've just ordered the surface and the blue touch cover, not sure if I can stretch to ?500 :(

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I certainly don't think it's worth ?100 more than the HTC 8x!

I've had HTC mozart and trophy and the Nokia lumia 800 *with excluive apps* and to be honest i have not found 1 single "exclusive" app to be worth considering it over any other wp most are just rebranded or restyled apps of ones already on wp or stuff that i would'nt want or need anyway.

Plus the gimmicks of the lumia 920 hardware like wireless charging & ois are not worth it for me because they are just that at the moment gimmicks.

The HTC is better in alot of areas and is actually practical.

Markerton

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had HTC mozart and trophy and the Nokia lumia 800 *with excluive apps* and to be honest i have not found 1 single "exclusive" app to be worth considering it over any other wp most are just rebranded or restyled apps of ones already on wp or stuff that i would'nt want or need anyway.

Plus the gimmicks of the lumia 920 hardware like wireless charging & ois are not worth it for me because they are just that at the moment gimmicks.

See, this is why I'm so 'on-the-fence' about the new WP8 devices.

My Lumia 800 is only 6 months old and since purchasing it I - I'll admit it - have turned in to a massive fan-boy of the new Nokias. Now, I'm going to try and get a WP8 phone (with my Xbox and laptop running W8 it makes sense to be on the same level - well, that's the justification I'm trying to get to the missus). Given the choice of the new devices ... I'm really not sure.

The Nokia's have great features, like wireless charging and fantastic cameras, great build quality and they're nice to look at...

...however, I really think I prefer the look of the new HTC models. The colour schemes and design are much more appealing to me, but as stated, the Nokia exclusive apps are excellent - Nokia Drive alone is a selling point for me.

BUT, all said and done, a ?500 price tag on the 920? I don't think I can justify that.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

I don't care about the exclusives that much either. Nokia's better ESPN app is really the only Nokia exclusive app i use.

To me it's all about the around ~20 Nokia's own app on Lumia's. Can't live without those so HTC or any other manufacturer isn't really a option.
I use Nokia Music and Mix Radio daily. As i do Nokia Reading, Nokia trailers, Nokia TV, City Lens, plus really wanna test on Lumia 920 and Nokia's own Lenses apps.

All of the Nokia apps are quality.

Though when it comes to gimmicks, same was said about Beats inside 8X by The Verge.
Just wish we already saw reviews by Engadget and The Verge for Lumia 920.

Last edited:

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the exclusives that much either. Nokia's better ESPN app is really the only Nokia exclusive app i use.

To me it's all about the around ~20 Nokia's own app on Lumia's. Can't live without those so HTC or any other manufacturer isn't really a option.
I use Nokia Music and Mix Radio daily. As i do Nokia Reading, Nokia trailers, Nokia TV, City Lens, plus really wanna test on Lumia 920 and Nokia's own Lenses apps.

All of the Nokia apps are quality.

Though when it comes to gimmicks, same was said about Beats inside 8X by The Verge.
Just wish we already saw reviews by Engadget and The Verge for Lumia 920.
Nokias own apps are nice like you said but for me personally i still don't need any of them and can use alternatives.

I can't say i've used beats but i will agree it probably is a gimmick as well but it is optional and can be turned off and when it is turned off the reviews are saying the sound quality is very good.

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It won't be in on the 1st..............if you read on it says early November just like the others suppliers. As I said earlier its a ploy to get you to order with them as many people will just read "1st. November"

Update,

Just had e email from them. They will get them early November just like everybody else. NOT the 1st November.

Last edited:

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I have 7 tabs open to various retailers and keep an eye on them to see if stock has arrived and keep pressing f5 all day.
P4U will have the red and yellow SIM free from Fri as I have just been down to see them. Im trying to convince myself that I could do red or yellow, but I just can't :mad:
Cyan is an AT&T exclusive, so that leaves black or grey and now I have seen a post on a forum stating grey will not be available as it has ben abandoned as it looked 'too old'
So it looks like black which is boring, 820 isn't an option because of the screen res and camera, 8X - love the colours, but no nokia apps and I really want city lens.
Im seriously considering gsm nation and hoping that they will have the cyan unlocked and SIM free that I can then import?
Who knew buying a phone could be such a pain

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I have 7 tabs open to various retailers and keep an eye on them to see if stock has arrived and keep pressing f5 all day.
P4U will have the red and yellow SIM free from Fri as I have just been down to see them. Im trying to convince myself that I could do red or yellow, but I just can't :mad:
Cyan is an AT&T exclusive, so that leaves black or grey and now I have seen a post on a forum stating grey will not be available as it has ben abandoned as it looked 'too old'
So it looks like black which is boring, 820 isn't an option because of the screen res and camera, 8X - love the colours, but no nokia apps and I really want city lens.
Im seriously considering gsm nation and hoping that they will have the cyan unlocked and SIM free that I can then import?
Who knew buying a phone could be such a pain

I assume the P4U is on EE, not sim free? Im sure we have had confirmation that p4u wont be selling the 920 sim free

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Not what I was told in store - the guy clearly told me that they would have the red and yellow SIM free on Fri if expected deliveries came in. Black and white are EE contract only..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss