Lumia availability in germany

markfive

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
My 920 just arrived from Amazon.de seller.
Turning it on is all in German until you figure out (easily) how to switch to English.
The manual is all German and there are German apps installed...just setting up now :)

Can you post the Carrier and Firmware revision number when you get a chance? Cheers...

bimoto

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 in Germany

I went today to a local Saturn store to see what they have, there was a black 920 on display but nothing in stock and nothing for sale. The price was 599 ?. They also couldn't tell me when they will get new batches delivered.

The root of the problem are not the stores and not the distributor in between, it is clearly Nokia not being able to cover the demand and what they provided on the market really is a joke considering the hype that is going on for a while already with the new Lumias. First I thought it might have been MS with the OS and therefore the reason to have the launch delayed to November but it seems that Nokia is even worse.

You probably also won't hear any bad news from phazeshifterz because of keeping the cancellation numbers low for cyberport. I consider cyberport actually as a shop with a high level of service, it is not their fault when Nokia and distributors promise to deliver early November but cannot after all, cyberport at least updates their stock information with a realistic outlook. Other shops just play around with their in stock information to gather orders which they are also not able to cover, at least I believe that and many folks in here described it pretty much this way.

It also makes sense that Nokia disliked cyberport's prices but what is really the reason? Nokia is not earning more on that but the shop does when the price is being raised, the only reason is to keep the impact low of not being able to deliver as less people order at higher prices.

Anyway, I hope my red 920 order will be sent out by the end of next week, I really want to have that phone to make good snapshots on my Asia trip soon and will overthink and probably cancel my order when I won't get a shipping message by the end of next week. Will then also look forward to see some nice Samsung or HTC Windows phones which can compete from a technical and quality perspective and which will maybe even be produced in Taiwan or Korea.

Nokia would be a perfect case study, not only because of their innovation gap over the last years to keep the leading position or even to just keep up with the competition but also from a logistics and supply chain perspective with the new Lumias.

Really hope for us that cyberport are getting enough batches by the end of next week.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
os 8.0.9903.10
Firmware revision - 1232.2109.1242.1001
Hardware revision - 1.0.0.0
Radio - 1.0.2020413
SOC Version - 8960

I am using a 3 UK sim card in this bad boy

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I used Telefrog - their prices have gone up a bit but I ordered on Tuesday, it shipped Wednesday and arrived today.
They ship via Hermes which is not the fastest carrier.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes mate black one.
Had my 3 sim card in when turned on for first time.
Uninstalled some German TV, Football, Hotel and travel apps.

Hey mate,

Glad you finally received yours from Germany - I'm still waiting for so much as a date for my order from Amazon (sold by Amazon itself) :( I can only assume they either have a huge number of orders to fill or are waiting to build up stock.

You mentioned there were some German apps - I hope/presume these were in addition to the Nokia apps you would have expected from a UK/Euro device?

Andrew

owz

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Turning it on is all in German until you figure out (easily) how to switch to English.
The manual is all German and there are German apps installed...just setting up now :)

I've currently got a pre order in with cyberport. How simple is it to change the language to English.

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Very easy, basically press a button then next screen you can scroll down to choose English.
Phone then reboots and you set your location = job done :)

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey mate,

Glad you finally received yours from Germany - I'm still waiting for so much as a date for my order from Amazon (sold by Amazon itself) :( I can only assume they either have a huge number of orders to fill or are waiting to build up stock.

You mentioned there were some German apps - I hope/presume these were in addition to the Nokia apps you would have expected from a UK/Euro device?

Andrew

I'm waiting from Amazon.de as well, it's just annoying that they don't have a delivery date. I'm wondering as well if the yellow and red are going to take longer to arrive in the shops as Nokia don't appear to have done their research on this launch (guess that happens when you let your VP of Marketing go a month before the launch).

shaunydub

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey mate,

Andrew
A few Nokia apps are pre-installed such as Maps but others you need to download from the store, there is a Nokia Collection category containing Reader and other things.

Just trying Voice control, you will have to download the English language pack for this and also the UK region settings but it's all quick and easy :)

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

Which colour did you go for, and how much did you spend if you don't mind me asking? Does the seller have other stock?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll be in Germany the next two weeks and hoping to find one of these Unicorns in the wild.

Check out the Vodafone stores - bought mine from there (649 € without a contract).

They have a vodafone logo displayed when you boot the device. Plus a couple of apps come pre-installed. Those can be removed, however.

eastbayrae

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
The worst part of this is that I have been to over a dozen stores in the past two weeks and not only did they not have any phones they don't even have any signs saying WP8 exsists! I am in Munich now and no stores are open today, it being Sunday. There are literally thousands of people walking around in Munich center and NO stores of any sort open, lol. There are a few restaurants, and they are packed! I will hit up Saturn, et al tomorrow.

vallandil

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
The worst part of this is that I have been to over a dozen stores in the past two weeks and not only did they not have any phones they don't even have any signs saying WP8 exsists! I am in Munich now and no stores are open today, it being Sunday. There are literally thousands of people walking around in Munich center and NO stores of any sort open, lol. There are a few restaurants, and they are packed! I will hit up Saturn, et al tomorrow.

I was in Munich last week and this MediaMarkt
Google Maps
had many Lumia 920s (just black and white as I remember) and also 820s in stock (already on 11.06.12)
the price was higher than usual, but as their new advertisment shows a price of 597? I'm sure they had to adapt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro