EE's Lumia 920 Pricing (Full Breakdown & Actual Pricing)

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Today ive been walking everywhere around London, i think i visited 15 stores in total lol i must be crazy! anyway most said they will have stock by tomorrow (they said the same thing to me last week never happened) some shops said next week AGAIN... ?_?

ag7

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
On monday I went to two ee stores in leeds city centre, they are about 50 yards apart from one another:
1 store has a fully working demo model (which I used and found the phone to be fantastic). I asked about stock and they said they had the phone in stock and available right now in store.
I go to the other ee store, round the corner and they do not have a working model or even a plastic display model of the phone, nor do they know of when they will be receiving the phone.

I find it so hard to believe how badly the launch of the phone has gone, lets hope the pre order deliveries start arriving as of today as promised.

As far as phones4u go, the 2 stores in leeds, none of them have the phone in stock and only have display models. Both did say they have their deliveries on saturday and are expecting the phone to be in stock then. Guess we will have to just wait and see.

Last edited:

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Done it..... Preordered a black 920. Got a good deal on it too from a great guy at P4U. 2 year contract, which is annoying, but got the price I was after, with no upfront cost. The guy is calling me back Monday to sort out an issue with Orange as there was a glitch. So they cannot ship until Monday afternoon.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
OK - now I'm confused, the white Lumia is intended to be a version locked only to EE (network) and is not to work on other EE (brand) networks (orange, T-mobile). You have stuck a orange sim in it and it works?

Yes i have stuck orange inside! I was confused too i said i wanted white then the lady started offering me orange and i said "i thought i can only get it on EE" she was like "err no" lol anyway went with the flow! I got what i wanted... I saw yellow which i really wanted months before but then i thought white was more nice in the end...

Just turned it on! im like blown away by the screen loool ive been stuck with my omnia 7 for too long!

GlennEdwards

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
OK - now I'm confused, the white Lumia is intended to be a version locked only to EE (network) and is not to work on other EE (brand) networks (orange, T-mobile). You have stuck a orange sim in it and it works?
Even more confusing is when I went into Phone4U today to get my 920, I was told the White 920 was EE 4G only, and the Black 920 was 3G only.

I wanted to upgrade from Orange 3G to EE4G and get the black 920. I insisted that's what I wanted, and told them the hardware was the same, regardless of the network type.

They put it through, and I walked out the store with a nice lovely new black Lumia 920 on EE4G :) All setup, and working. I'm very happy with it so far :)

Oh, and I went into a different Phones4U, and asked if they had any wireless chargers for the 920. They said "Didn't they give you one when you bought the phone earlier?". They promptly went out back, and gave me a Nokia voucher for a free wireless charger :)

Glenn

GlennEdwards

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Yes i have stuck orange inside! I was confused too i said i wanted white then the lady started offering me orange and i said "i thought i can only get it on EE" she was like "err no" lol anyway went with the flow! I got what i wanted... I saw yellow which i really wanted months before but then i thought white was more nice in the end...

Just turned it on! im like blown away by the screen loool ive been stuck with my omnia 7 for too long!
I was stuck with an Omnia 7 too. For almost 2 years now. I also went into Phones4U this morning, and walked out with a black Lumia 920 on EE4G, even though they tried to tell me white was EE 4G only, and black was 3G only... hmmm...

Glenn

Jammo

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if EE send out an email to confirm delivery? I don't want to come home and find they tried to deliver it one day next week.

Tommy132

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got the 920 today sim free from Phones4u ?459. Im on 3 and its locked! I can not use the phone to call anyone.

I dont mind going to a local shop and getting unlocked. But does anyone know if for Windows Phone 8 the carriers will have the power to withhold updates?
I know that for Apple products it doesnt matter what carrier you are on, everyone gets the update at the same time.
However I dont know how its like on WP8. On WP7 it was up to the carier.
Any help on this would be great!

The phone is absolutely awesome btw. But I did find that the Data Sense app and Skype could not be be found or downloaded

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I went in to some shops today - the phone was showing at ?399 off contract in the ee store.
I went into two EE stores in Bournemouth today and they said they don't intend to sell the 920 off-contract at all! One store didn't have any stock left and said they expect new stock by Wednesday. I am going to go check it out then.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I got the 920 today sim free from Phones4u ?459. Im on 3 and its locked! I can not use the phone to call anyone.

I dont mind going to a local shop and getting unlocked. But does anyone know if for Windows Phone 8 the carriers will have the power to withhold updates?
I know that for Apple products it doesnt matter what carrier you are on, everyone gets the update at the same time.
However I dont know how its like on WP8. On WP7 it was up to the carier.
Any help on this would be great!

The phone is absolutely awesome btw. But I did find that the Data Sense app and Skype could not be be found or downloaded

At the moment there is no known way to unlock the device, unless you can find a mobile site to do it for you via a code - it shouldn't affect your updates at all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes