Proud Owner of a Lumia 920!

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm typing this in on my brand new Lumia. Rogers guy told me I may be among the first if not THE first in Canada! Loving it so far but was an iPhone user till now so will need your help. Suggestions for a newbie?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow that's awesome! Can we get your first impressions? Key areas of interest for me are... Camera performance, Build quality, how sensitive is that touch screen... too sensitive? Any areas of criticism?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Gratz man!

Would really like some sample pics from the camera. Not necessarily low light, that's all we've seen with a lack of "non-low light" pics IMO.

Also, I'd love to see how it manages while photographing books etc. As a university student my N8 is my copying machine :D I just take pictures, 2 pages at the time and read em from the computer screen at home. So if you can take a picture of an A4-size book or so (or even just 2 A4s next to each other with text), would be great! If you need a place to upload full res images, try imgur.com

Waiting to hear other comments about how you like it too!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
NfgaN.gif

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well done. Nice to see the phones are actually out there.

So what are your initial impressions?

I've read all about the low light, and OIS, but how quick is the camera? can i just keep pressing the picture button, and keep getting great pics?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well done. Nice to see the phones are actually out there.

So what are your initial impressions?

I've read all about the low light, and OIS, but how quick is the camera? can i just keep pressing the picture button, and keep getting great pics? Or is there a pause between pressing button, and the picture being taken?

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the congrats, all! So far I'm loving it. But work is getting in the way of play:mad:

I can tell you I took a quick snap in the Rogers store (Bay/Adelaide) and that I was all thumbs, trying to look at the screen and click at the same time, I saw shaking through the screen but the pic came out perfect! My old, crummy iPhone 3GS would have been blurry as heck!

More as my use evolves and time allows, will try to figger out how to post pics as soon as I have a moment. Meanwhile, tips 'n' tricks are appreciated.

A quick word on price and term: $99 for the phone on a 3-year plan, which seems to be the Canadian minimum for high-end phones.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
3 year plan??? I find 2 years offensive enough, especially as that seems to be how long phones seem to last these days.

From what I've gathered, the maple people do not really have any luxury of choice when it comes to that, it seems all their high end phones come with 3 year contracts unless you get unlocked or something.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Any problems with in terms of build quality? Lumia 900 at launch suffered from purplish keyboard, funny sounding vibra, and mysterious hue in center during camera mode. Maybe there was more stuff.

Congrats~

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Any problems with in terms of build quality? Lumia 900 at launch suffered from purplish keyboard, funny sounding vibra, and mysterious hue in center during camera mode. Maybe there was more stuff.

Congrats~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss