Proud Owner of a Lumia 920!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lbcole - The best news reader for Windows Phone is Weave. Love that program. They just came out with a new update in the last few days that makes it even better than it was before.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the continual tips, all. Loving the new phone!!

The screen is amazing, super smooth and a joy to work with. I love the auto-completion option. Browsing is a bit different than I'm used to, there's no tab between form fields and you can't tap the top to go 'home'. Minor deets, all in all, a brilliant phone and no regrets over the jump to wp8!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_200 using Board Express

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the continual tips, all. Loving the new phone!!

The screen is amazing, super smooth and a joy to work with. I love the auto-completion option. Browsing is a bit different than I'm used to, there's no tab between form fields and you can't tap the top to go 'home'. Minor deets, all in all, a brilliant phone and no regrets over the jump to wp8!

Good to know you are a happy user.

May I ask though, what are the sort of apps you are used to on the iPhone?

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Good to know you are a happy user.

May I ask though, what are the sort of apps you are used to on the iPhone?
To answer your question, I enjoyed the Contacts/Google Maps integration on my iPhone. Used Google Maps extensively, and Gmail. So I never upgraded to iOS 6 because I didn't want to lose Google Maps. Other than that, it was mostly to browse, phone and tether to my tablet.

I love the people hub/Facebook integration in WP8! And I've linked my Live and Google accounts, brilliant!

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
@ibcole and @xsever:
thanks to the both of you - appreciate the posts and any other feedback y'all want to give about the phone.
as you are probably aware, there are ALOT of people anxious to get information from real end users! I count myself as one of those people and STILL waiting to get any info on US based pricing and delivery...

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Congrats for being the first of us non-editors here on WPCentral to have a WP8 device. Here are some apps I use:

WP7News
WPCentral
Netflix
VeVo
Kik
TextMe
Transit Chicago
Mango Transit.
Adobe Reader
SkyDrive
USA Today
FFFFound
Insider
imdb
Translator

The italicized apps I just use for their live tiles, I don't really use much apps as I find the built in functionality to be sufficient for my needs.

I don't believe anything until I get some pictures of the device.

Why not? He's in Canada, some Rogers stores have already began WP sales as of 10/30.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks;

Just an update as my use of the phone, and WP8 evolves.

I love the smart typing. The OS guides your typing contextually and offers both auto correction, which I used to absolutely loathe on my iPhone, and guidance/suggestions while you type. In fact, I'm really becoming accustomed to the latter - using it now to post this - and it speeds my input tremendously, something I really appreciate considering my typing skills, or lack thereof.

Also love that the phone itself is tied to my Live account. So I'm already identified and authenticated don't have to continually re-authenticate every time I want to buy or do something Store related, among other things requiring the target system knowing who I am.

Brilliant!!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Reading this thread makes me smile. :)

Hey lbcole, Any word on your battery life, etc? I'm wondering how long it will last on a full charge.

Thanks!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is something that needs to be tested for at least a month. I heard from abysmal to superb. so I'll guess it has a capable battery but taking pictures drains it fast.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is something that needs to be tested for at least a month. I heard from abysmal to superb. so I'll guess it has a capable battery but taking pictures drains it fast.

Well, lbcole has had the phone for about a week now, that should give a good indication of battery life on a full charge. Most people reporting battery life have had the phone only for a day or two.

Plus, lbcole is new to WP and probably excited to play with the phone, meaning heavier use than average. I figure their battery life experience will represent, at minimum, how much I'll use my phone on a day to day basis.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, God I miss when my phone could last two days without a charge.

I have a strong theory that something happened with the WP7.5 update (mango) that seriously reduced the battery life of the OS.

I have a Samsung Focus, bought it the day it was released 2 years ago. I was getting 3 full days of moderate use out of the phone. Then one day I updated to WP7.5/Mango. Immediately on the next charge (basically the next day) I was reduced to 1 full day of use. Since that day I've never come close to 3 days or even 2 days with moderate use.

There was something drastically changed in WP7.5/mango.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the same happened with my Optimus 7. But is kind of obvious, Live tiles drain the battery.

For example I have outlook,Me tile and two groups in my main screen. All of them taking the same facebook information and sucking my battery life. None of that was in Nodo device, also the phones where made with pre-Nodo in mind, so my Optimus actually has great battery life as a feature on the back of the box (which is true, it was amazing! I loved the device so much, I kissed it to sleep).

The day before getting mango, I was here on this site all excited, browsing on my device the whole day and I still made it phone with half, then I got the update. Browse the web for two hours and my phone went from full to dead. =(

marcinaldo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I can see that you've used iPhone previously. How is the music quality in Lumia 920 in comparison to iPhone (through earphones).

Is it similar clarity, loudness, etc.?

I cannot find anything in the professional reviews of Lumia's weight ;)

Thanks in advance :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

The N8 managed to take pictures with very little battery. I copied 300 page books with the camera (2 pages per picture, so 150 pictures) with Xenon flash and 12mpix in every picture. After I was done, battery was still full. Given, At leat Nokia Symbian^3s have the bad habit of not really showing the battery has taken any hit until its below 70%, but I sufficed that day with the battery like no pics were ever taken.

That said, I'm sure the OIS for one sucks out some extra battery on the 920 when taking photos. That said, I'd expect the 920 flash then again is far more power efficient than a Xenon flash that blinds anyone within 100 meters :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb