First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

blackfire

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
general question about WP: is there anything like android quicksettings? Settings tile on the homescreen mybe?

I don't know about WP8 as I haven't used it yet, but on WP7 and 7.5 there is an app called "Network Dashboard", that let you pin Live Tiles on your start screen that would take you directly to the settings page. For example: Bluetooth tile for Bluetooth settings, Wi-Fi tile takes you to the Wi-Fi settings page, etc. Here is a link to it on the Windows Phone marketplace with a few screenshots: Network Dashboard | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

nikrohr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
divx/xvid support

hi there. does wp8 support divx playback? now we have usb/harddrive mode and its possible to drag&drop files, but does the phone playback these files?

tumaykilinc

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey Rogers, thanks for the review.
I understand that it takes good photos under low light conditions however I am pretty disappointed with the image quality, It's too noisy in full resolution view even in the daylight. I hoped it would be smoother, as it was advertised that way.

Do you think it is possible to capture a photo as quality as N9 does?

I would be happy if you could do a macro image capture.

Thanks again.

Edit: Do you think the clouds were the reason for noisy images?

Last edited:

GadgetObsessed

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for posting pics and vids.

One thing the photos on your skydrive dont appear to be the full images.

Just wondering if you are uploading using WiFi as I remember seeing that when uploading through share on the phone it is the only way to upload full images?

Anyway thanks for posting much appreciated and very jealous. Us folks down under wont see a WP8 for weeks yet.

EDIT: Figured out why I was not able to view full images!!. I was viewing the SkyDrive page off my Android Tablet (kickin it to the curb when I get my Surface) and it wasn't displaying all the elements such as properties. Once I logged in via my PC I was able to view the picture Properties and see the full images uploaded.

This has definitely cemented my intended purchase of the 920.

Thanks again for posting these up. It's people like yourself that let people like me make my own choices instead of listening to paid blog's!!

Last edited:

juliusgy

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Could it be that the reason Wi-Fi was off was because nothing was using it at the time? As in no background tasks were running. Can you try downloading a file maybe to see if the phone goes off Wi-Fi while in sleep mode.

kach1

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Can you please record video with lumia 920 in loud environment ,try to record video when listening the music and turn the volume really high.

Next question,can you receive notifications in real time when phone is in sleep mode,like msn message,skype message,email.? Or you need to wait for 10 minutes to 1h like on the my ex lumia 710.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I think people should keep their trolling comments out this topic and reserve it for those that are genuinely interested in this phone

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
do you know how to get the diagnostic tool?
Only the life time counter show up after I entered the ##634#
Click to view quoted image

Thanks
Same here. Haven't found out how to yet.
Hi, thanks for doing these videos and answering questions! Can you confirm that the phone supports USB On-The-Go? I guess you would need a special cable to actually test it, but does it say anything in the manual about this?
Don't have a cable so sorry can't try it.
I want to see out door, night time, Christmas light pictures. Guess we'll have to wait.
Check the first post. I added night shots.
Hi! Congratulations and thank you for the experience. A few questions.
1) GPS, cold start time and the receiver sensitivity, accuracy
2) You talk about the AF assist - this is not a red light as the N8? You can shoot video secretly?
3) A few words about the management of voice. Quality Voice Recognition, can dictate SMS. The quality of the phone functions, and audible voice quality companion, volume and quality of the speakers, the strength of vibration, etc.
Thx
1)GPS cold start is even faster now! App is Nokia Drive Beta+ v2.something. Not the 3.0 app we had in WP7.5
2)No this is not a red light. It is white and it goes on until the lens focuses then shuts off. I think it sets the camera up to keep that lens open longer when you actually take the pic.
3)Didn't have time to interact via voice yet but audio quality is very good. Unfortunately, the vibrator is still embarrassingly loud!

Question - are you able to copy and paste phone number on the dial app? Also if you go to a website and click on a address does it launch the maps app?
Yes you can paste into the dialer!! No the map app doesn't open.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Can you please record video with lumia 920 in loud environment ,try to record video when listening the music and turn the volume really high.
Will do today hopefully.
Next question,can you receive notifications in real time when phone is in sleep mode,like msn message,skype message,email.? Or you need to wait for 10 minutes to 1h like on the my ex lumia 710.
I am still testing this. Sometimes I get it right away and sometimes I get notifications from a couple days back. Still no 100% answer.

anon(5353539)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
how would you rate the lumia 920 in the amount of detail and sharpness in pictures produced?

owh, is there anyway to adjust the ISO of the camera?

thanks for doing what you are doing!

Last edited:

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
how would you rate the lumia 920 in the amount of detail and sharpness in pictures produced?

owh, is there anyway to adjust the ISO of the camera?

thanks for doing what you are doing!

I would say 10/10. The screen really jumps at you from how clear, vivid, and smooth the flow in it is. I have seen the iPhone 4/5, and the GS3 and this thing trumps both easily.

cocopanda

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks for all the updates and effort!

So the question is how are you feeling on the battery life so far?
obviously its too early to have an accurate reflection of 'average' use but any input would be appreciated

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
thanks for all the updates and effort!
So the question is how are you feeling on the battery life so far?
obviously its too early to have an accurate reflection of 'average' use but any input would be appreciated

I fully charged the phone overnight, on LTE right now, and going through my day just like I used to do with my 900.

Will update everyone by tonight or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6