First Pictures of 920 | Rogers Canada

Scorp84

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for this great thread . I've got two questions:

1. Is there an option for haptic feedback on the keyboard? I'm totally used on this from my current android device.

2. Does the message app support Facebook group conversations or only single chat like on windows 8?

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey xsever I'm really on the fence about whether to go with an 820 or a 920. If I did go for the 820 am I really going to miss the increased resolution of the 920? Is that alone worth the ?100 difference?

I know WP7 has been on the lower resolution for a while and now they're increasing the supported resolutions am I more likely to be shooting myself in the foot getting a lower resolution handset when it comes to viewing apps and media?

This is really a subjective matter, but a ?100 difference, in my opinion, is worth upgrading to the 920 with the screen, the CAMERA, and the whole flagship experience.

Again, the screen on this thing is very vibrant, crystal clear, and the glass is so smooth it really feels perfect in the hand and to the touch.

Thank you for this great thread . I've got two questions:
1. Is there an option for haptic feedback on the keyboard? I'm totally used on this from my current android device.

2. Does the message app support Facebook group conversations or only single chat like on windows 8?

1)No haptic feedback as in vibration. Only audible sound.

2)Not sure. Haven't tested it yet.

kevin1510

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
No I haven't since no one I know has a non-Rogers/Fido micro sim card that I can try.

I'll ask around in one of my classes today and see if I can test it and let you guys know.

On xda developers forum though, there are a couple of guys saying they tested with WIND and it worked.

MobileSyrup.com is also reporting it on their website so i'd say it's pretty accurate.

I saw a guy who selling the 920 online, he said he tested with Wind and it receive the signal, i asked if he can make any calls and he doesnt anwser me directly... Guess i have to wait for 920, cant seem to find it anywhere in northyork or toronto

Scorp84

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the fast reply. I don't get it what's the problem about typing feedback with vibration. When I'm at the office or at university, it can't use the typing sound all the time.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This is really a subjective matter, but a ?100 difference, in my opinion, is worth upgrading to the 920 with the screen, the CAMERA, and the whole flagship experience.

Again, the screen on this thing is very vibrant, crystal clear, and the glass is so smooth it really feels perfect in the hand and to the touch.

1)No haptic feedback as in vibration. Only audible sound.

2)Not sure. Haven't tested it yet.
Thanks for the quick reply. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a picture or video that highlights where the better screen resolution really kicks in, whether its in small text on the browser or pictures etc?

I had a little look in the shop today at the 920 and it really is quite big compared to the 3.2" HTC Hero I've been running for the last 4 years. Especially the width. I wonder if it'll be hard to adjust to the increased size?

anon(5353539)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey xsever, can you please take a night or low light shot of a room with its lowest ISO? =) do post the results!

and thanks for what you are doing. =D

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. If it's not too much trouble, could you post a picture or video that highlights where the better screen resolution really kicks in, whether its in small text on the browser or pictures etc?

It's in the overall experience really. I am coming from a Lumia 900 and I can see a big difference in terms of picture clarity, vibrant colors that really look like they're going to pop at you, and smoothness in terms of flow and navigation.

This is going to be a day-and-night difference for you coming from the HTC.

As for the size, Nokia did a very good job with the curved glass and the whole phone's structure and corners. It really fits perfectly in the hand. With the big extra weight, fits even better than the 900.

They really utilized every millimeter of the body to fit that screen while still keeping the dimensions very very close to the 900's.

gfunk84

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The super sensitive display does work, and yes, I tried it with gloves and it's fine. I didn't try keys or metalic objects as I didn't purchase it (I considered it, but didn't want to make a rushed decision), but it is more sensitive.

Are you saying they let you open the box and play with a phone you didn't buy (and then selling it to someone else as "new"), or did they have a demo unit?

kuri22

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Quick notes/answers:
6.Mobile Network setting has add internet apn and mms apn
[/B]
Just saw your post and noticed this. Thank you so much for confirming this as it was a pain point in 7.5! The Nokia Network Profile App in 7.5 was released only to specific countries and not available to us Canadians for some reason.

DVD Mansion

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Video White Ballance on this Lumia 920 is off!!

The videos you posted day or night have horrid white ballance, it changes every few seconds! That is unacceptable so please record something outdoors or indoors and take the auto white balance off & use the appropriate balance setting please.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the information and vids xsev but I meant high contrast under settings > ease of access with light/dark theme

ease.jpg

ShocWave

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to find out if games load any faster on WP8.
Would you be able to download the Plants vs. Zombies demo and make a video of the loading times? It is one of the longer loading games on Windows Phone.

Dregur

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I saw in one of your videos that a default option is continuous focus is on. Have you ever taken a photo with that off? I wonder if that will blunt some of the perceived problems of the phone.

TerranIV

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
One more question - bluetooth keyboard?

This probably just betrays my newbie-ness but, does the 920 work with a bluetooth keyboard? Have you had a chance to test it out?

It seems with such a big screen it might be nice to have a bt keyboard for it. Plus, I have an iPad and am hoping to upgrade to a Surface Pro this spring so I have been looking to get a new keyboard

(I have the Apple bt keyboard but I hate HATE! how I have to hold the power button down to turn it on. I always have to go through like 5 min of wondering if it is on or not before it finally connects.)

Thanks again for all your hard work answering our questions, Xsever. Hopefully we will get an actual release down here in the states on the 9th so we can stop pestering you! :)

DVD Mansion

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of the optical image stabilization colour temperature on this phone will always be different and changing constantly while video recording & even picture taking just as I thought and this review tells it like it is, here is a part of it

"Low light pictures on the Lumia 920 not only appear brighter, they?re also well detailed and exhibit little noise. While photography purists will appreciate Nokia?s restrained post-processing ? which may make photos appear muted in comparison to the typically oversaturated results you get from other phones ? they?ll be less enthused about the 920?s automatic white balance. Taking three shots of the same scene can sometimes produce as many as three different color temperatures: a beige coffee table appeared rosy in one image, a greenish yellow in the next, and the perfect pale taupe in the third. This same issue is apparent during video capture as well, with the camera sometimes tinting the entire scene into a new palette as it determines a new color balance."

Nokia Lumia 920 review | The Verge

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss