Got my LUMIA 920 just now from Rogers store!

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you show off the high contrast mode please? I'd like to see it on a black device as they have only shown it on the white devices. Thanks.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Wow! It looks amazing! Thanks for posting the pics and throwing us sad AT&T customers a bone!

I would ask the same as Loiselle. Can you please post a pic of the phone in high contrast mode? I originally thought I was going to have a tough time choosing between black and red. Then I saw a picture of the white with high contrast and it is awesome! I want to know if the black looks as good with hc mode.

ShPhoenix

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Can you do me a favour and poke around in the Settings for the phone to see if there is a place to configure MMS? I've been looking at picking this up outright on Rogers but I don't want to rely on Nokia to actually release their Network Setup app in Canada this time around...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
How much fun are YOU having??

I will be buying off contract at full price (something my Wife doesn't know yet. That whole "ask forgiveness not permission" thing comes to mind ... Shhhh...) so PLEASE drop as much critical information as you can. As I am not huge into photography, it really is about the screen and performance. I may get the 820 and save some dollars... or I may just spend the money to be happy if the 920 is that much better of a performer.

Enjoy!! Nothing like a new toy....

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Can you show off the high contrast mode please? I'd like to see it on a black device as they have only shown it on the white devices. Thanks.

I don't think it will look any different, just the outline color of the body is black.

Here's a screen capture of my phone with the high contrast on. (just got Angry Birds Space too!)

p4pb8878402.jpg

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell me how the polycarbonate feels? I did not like the lumia 900 at all. It had some weird coating that felt peelable/scratchable. I heard the lumia 800 was different. The lumia 920 is probably different as well?

It feels nearly identical to my L900, my 900 never had issues holding up to day to day abuse. I did put a ZAGG full body on my L900 tho, but after my camera bezel got all scuffed.

One good note is that the camera bezel this time on the 920 is scratch proof! I've had not a single scratch on mine yet. :D

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Also, LTE in my area is pretty good. With my L900 I was able to get around 21 Mbps download and up to 12 Mbps upload speeds.

I tried with my 920 further away from the LTE hotspots and actually got a faster download speed but a little slower upload speed.

p4pb8878452.jpg

jontay02

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Close up shot of your baby L920 pleaseee.. I'm getting to think that the L920 aint that big after all and that 8X is just a bit smaller.

I have a galaxy note at hand with a leather casing on, will the Lumia920 be lighter than that?

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to windows OS .. i just wanna clarify one thing do we get any integrated facebook chat app seperately just like android or IOS

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to windows OS .. i just wanna clarify one thing do we get any integrated facebook chat app seperately just like android or IOS

This is my integrated Facebook chat that is within my messages tab, you can set your status and chat as tho you were on the web page.

p4pb8878572.jpg

p4pb8878570.jpg

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Close up shot of your baby L920 pleaseee.. I'm getting to think that the L920 aint that big after all and that 8X is just a bit smaller.

I have a galaxy note at hand with a leather casing on, will the Lumia920 be lighter than that?

If you have a Galaxy Note, the Lumia 920 won't feel big or heavy.

I honestly think the L920 feels better in hand and the weight isn't as noticeable when using it compared to my L900. Overall physical dimensions compared to my L900 are minimal in increase.

Sure it stated 185 grams, but the 8X is 4.3" screen, almost the same physical size, but 50 grams less. The 8X is only 16GB which was the killer for me.

50 grams isn't much

Oh, and what kind of pics do you want? right now i'm stuck with screen captures since I am at work all day and don't have another camera/phone to take pics of my phone.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Can you do me a favour and poke around in the Settings for the phone to see if there is a place to configure MMS? I've been looking at picking this up outright on Rogers but I don't want to rely on Nokia to actually release their Network Setup app in Canada this time around...

This is what is on the phone to add APN in the MMS settings. This is just under "Settings", "Applications", "Messgaing".

p4pb8878585.jpg

p4pb8878586.jpg

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Question about taking videos in landscrape/portrait.

With the 900, there was an issue if you take a video in landscape (holding sideways) where you upload to fb or anyway will play sideways. When you open the file directly, the video would play sideways as well.

Is this issue still there? i never had a phone do that before whether taken portrait or landscape, the video played correctly on FB and when you open the file except for the 900. I've had two different 900s do this.

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.

Anyways, the quick answer is YES. If you take a video either landscape or vertical the video will change to the way you are recording. When recording it portrait it will post portrait, how it should be :)

You will notice from the screen capture, the record times are laid out as per how I am holding the phone to record. Sorry for the weird screen capture image, can't really take a video or supposed to at my work, so it was quick and dirrrty.

p4pb8878591.jpg

p4pb8878590.jpg

rnaveen1989

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
and does this facebook messenger app runs on background even not using the phone for many hours.. i heard that its facing slight problem with that.. Can u tell me ur view .. Thx in advance .. BTW do post the camera review it will be helpful for all us as we r eagerly waiting for this device.. Congrats for ur lumia

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
and does this facebook messenger app runs on background even not using the phone for many hours.. i heard that its facing slight problem with that.. Can u tell me ur view .. Thx in advance .. BTW do post the camera review it will be helpful for all us as we r eagerly waiting for this device.. Congrats for ur lumia

Facebook messenger is working great for me. I use it every day since I get no signal at work.
It's much improved in WP8 compared to 7.5.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Well I don't use it much, but on my L900 my facebook chat would run in the background, so I would get messages as long as my status was not "offline" if someone messaged me.

As for the camera, here are a couple of quick shots in different lighting. Camera settings are "default".

This one is low lighting, close up with flash

p4pb8878608.jpg

This one is a dark room and no flash

p4pb8878609.jpg

These ones are close up "office lighting" and no flash

p4pb8878606.jpg

p4pb8878604.jpg

My thoughts on the camera are great for a camera phone. If you play around with the settings (ISO, Exposure, White Balance Etc) they will only get better.

I think you have to play around and find the best settings for each "light" situation. But first impressions are great in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb