Bryant Park in NYC!

WP_20121208_010.jpg

WP_20121208_004.jpg

WP_20121208_006.jpg

JackYoung

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Taken under dim lighting.
Settings: close up mode, auto iso, -1/3 exposure, fluorescent white balance, no flash assist, no flash.

Attachments

• WP_20121224_066.jpg
    WP_20121224_066.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you have a problem with your phone ... because it's the worst video I've seen from the lumia. I saw a lot of AWESOME video (audio and video), with no problem with the focus and sometime close to the stage. You have a ""crack"" sound on the video and it's the first time I heard it. the video don't look like a 1080p video. take a look of all the video there on this thread, they are all very good. If you don't have a better result with a lumia than an iphone 5 for a video like this ... you have a problem. The lumia won over iphone for video hand down.

The first one or two were 720p, the other are 1080p (I haven't noticed at first that it's set to 720p by default). The thing is that any vids I've made by day look and sound great.. And to be honest, I haven't seen any concert video made with the Lumia that would look much better than that.. On the other hand I've seen at least one night video with the same blinding lights problem (on a YT comparison between the 920 and the iPhone I think), so I'm thinking that that's just the way it is. Can you show me any concert video proving otherwise? I've seen the one from the sports game here, but that's different, everything was lit there, and on a concert you only have the stage and multiple flashing light sources, which I guess might be the reason why the phone can't focus..

And if I do have a hardware problem, how can I prove it to Nokia? How can it be basis for a phone replacement? I can't just say "I don't like the quality of the videos it's taking", can I..

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The first one or two were 720p, the other are 1080p (I haven't noticed at first that it's set to 720p by default). The thing is that any vids I've made by day look and sound great.. And to be honest, I haven't seen any concert video made with the Lumia that would look much better than that.. On the other hand I've seen at least one night video with the same blinding lights problem (on a YT comparison between the 920 and the iPhone I think), so I'm thinking that that's just the way it is. Can you show me any concert video proving otherwise? I've seen the one from the sports game here, but that's different, everything was lit there, and on a concert you only have the stage and multiple flashing light sources, which I guess might be the reason why the phone can't focus..

And if I do have a hardware problem, how can I prove it to Nokia? How can it be basis for a phone replacement? I can't just say "I don't like the quality of the videos it's taking", can I..

I would say, if you will video any concert, don't forget to turn off the "Auto-focus feature" since it may produce the blurry video as you got.
Anyway, your sound quality still not that good comparing with the others Lumia920

I search in YouTube and I found some footage which I think the quality is quite good, no foggy video and audio quality is pretty good.

Here's the footage I mentioned.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
here is 100% crop of her, and she is not sharp either

This is the exif info for the posted image

File Name : WP_20121221_011.jpg
Directory : Desktop
File Size : 704 kB
File Modification Date/Time : 2012:12:24 06:58:48-08:00
File Type : JPEG
MIME Type : image/jpeg
JFIF Version : 1.01
Resolution Unit : None
X Resolution : 1
Y Resolution : 1
Comment : CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 75.
Image Width : 1999
Image Height : 3550
Encoding Process : Baseline DCT, Huffman coding
Bits Per Sample : 8
Color Components : 3
Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling : YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)
Image Size : 1999x3550

You've resampled it at 75% quality. Please post the original so I can see what ISO was used for the exposure, and other actual info, as well as the actual photo quality.

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I would say, if you will video any concert, don't forget to turn off the "Auto-focus feature" since it may produce the blurry video as you got.
Anyway, your sound quality still not that good comparing with the others Lumia920

I search in YouTube and I found some footage which I think the quality is quite good, no foggy video and audio quality is pretty good.

Here's the footage I mentioned.

jlo_20121116-Nokia_Lumia920.mp4 - YouTube

Indeed, that does sound better. Do you think my microphone is faulty? Should I have it checked out?
And can you tell me how the focus works with the auto-focus (continuous focus) turned off? Should I somehow focus first? (like when taking a photo) Or can I focus manually while filming? (like on the iPhone, touch to focus, same as with the new Canon STM lens)

And by the way, on your vid, is the continuous focus off? Because it seems like it's continuously re-focussing (just in your case doing it right)

Thanks!

ton_pkt

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, that does sound better. Do you think my microphone is faulty? Should I have it checked out?
And can you tell me how the focus works with the auto-focus (continuous focus) turned off? Should I somehow focus first? (like when taking a photo) Or can I focus manually while filming? (like on the iPhone, touch to focus, same as with the new Canon STM lens)

And by the way, on your vid, is the continuous focus off? Because it seems like it's continuously re-focussing (just in your case doing it right)

Thanks!

Sorry, I'm not video that myself. I just search from YouTube. This video seems enable "continuous focus", but since there isn't any smoke in this video, the quality should be better comparing with your environment.
I do read the comments from some of the users who get the good quality concert vid from their LM920, they mentioned about the continuing focus affect their concert video quality.

They suggested that, if you want to get the better vid quality from the concert which contains lot of smoke and you don't have to pan your camera that frequent, better you turn the "continuous focus" off.

Anyway, you can't tap to focus on the video, like iOS device did, on your LM920
That's 1 flaw of the camera and video feature in WP (at least for me).

Still, the overall quality of video and camera of the LM920 still impressed and satisfied me.

Edited: I think something wrong with you mic, better check it if you could, the "crack" sound in your vid not feel "normal" to me. Hope you can fix your LM920 ^ ^.

Aldiggi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Black carbon skin from BodyGuardz. Purchased it from wpcentral. Really nice and great quality. Similar shots taken between the i5 and 920 for comparison purposes. 920 on auto just no light assist. What do you guys think?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356453735.246583.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356453745.896370.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356453758.999216.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356453777.779132.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356453800.229429.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356454062.373311.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356454074.723290.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1356454083.022895.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786