Clove Doubtful of Getting Lumia 920 Stock (UK)

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

After the bad news about Phones4u yesterday I started contacting companies that have listed the Lumia 920 on their stores.

So far I've heard back from Clove.co.uk.

Message as follows:

"We await confirmation, but we do not believe we will get SIM free stock of the 920. We should get confirmation in 4-7 days.

Regards

Sales Team"

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That's incredibly depressing :(

Some of us don't just hate the prospect of having to deal with EE, but have contracts that are running well into the future that can't be realistically cancelled now.

I find it incredibly hard to believe how unbelievably stupid Nokia are being about the L920 in not letting people pay full price for it. I remain hopeful that Phones4U stock will not be SIM locked (although the thought of dealing with Phones4U also makes me cringe).

tristan.rice

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I always buy my phones SIM free, especially since I move country very often. No retailers stocking the Lumia 920 is such a bad move. I don't even have the option of letting EE rape my wallet to get the phone.

If this is how Nokia chooses to do things, I think I may just award HTC my money instead. I've loved my Titan after all.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not like phones 4 u, they have a very strict returns policy which is more or less that they will only accept a return if the phone is faulty.

I bought a Blackberry Playbook of them once, I didn't like it and had trouble getting it to use wifi. Their online policy specifically referred to phones under the returns policy. Playbook wasn't a phone and I had a right battle trying to get a refund. I won in the end..... I had to take an email from customer services online into their store to get it. That was a good day!

If you do happen to buy a sim free Lumia from them WITHOUT them making clear that it is possibly locked to Orange then that would be misspelling I imagine.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I do not like phones 4 u, they have a very strict returns policy which is more or less that they will only accept a return if the phone is faulty.

I bought a Blackberry Playbook of them once, I didn't like it and had trouble getting it to use wifi. Their online policy specifically referred to phones under the returns policy. Playbook wasn't a phone and I had a right battle trying to get a refund. I won in the end..... I had to take an email from customer services online into their store to get it. That was a good day!

If you do happen to buy a sim free Lumia from them WITHOUT them making clear that it is possibly locked to Orange then that would be misselling I imagine.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
clove have updated their blog and now state

We’ve had a fair few enquiries over the last 48 hours about Nokia Lumia 920 pricing and availability.

Unfortunately we’re yet to receive SIM-free pricing, although we have now had an indication that some SIM-free stock should be available to us fairly soon after the handset launches in the UK.

At the moment we have no information about colour availability and pricing, but we will update as soon as possible with further details.

As soon as we’ve had price and an estimated time of arrival come through, we will make the handset available to order on the Clove website and post an update.

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
clove have updated their blog and now state

We?ve had a fair few enquiries over the last 48 hours about Nokia Lumia 920 pricing and availability.

Unfortunately we?re yet to receive SIM-free pricing, although we have now had an indication that some SIM-free stock should be available to us fairly soon after the handset launches in the UK.

At the moment we have no information about colour availability and pricing, but we will update as soon as possible with further details.

As soon as we?ve had price and an estimated time of arrival come through, we will make the handset available to order on the Clove website and post an update.

That's promising news at least.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Tough at least you guys don't have the same problem as North Americans that need specific phone.
Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 are sold unlocked everywhere else than UK and USA, but people on UK can get Lumia 920 anywhere in Europe with Nokia's 2 year EU warranty.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos