Come on AT&T.

graigsmith

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just called AT&T and the sales person told me it should launch this Sunday. So. The 4th. He said they just got a shipment in. But they haven't opened it yet. So. I'll probably call them back tomorrow.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I just called AT&T and the sales person told me it should launch this Sunday. So. The 4th. He said they just got a shipment in. But they haven't opened it yet. So. I'll probably call them back tomorrow.

From what I have been told, the 3rd or 4th are when PREORDERs will start. But availability won't be until the following weekend.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
From what I have been told, the 3rd or 4th are when PREORDERs will start. But availability won't be until the following weekend.

I just can't rap my mind around Weekend pre orders, i know ATT will do this too because they just love doing DUMB SH@#@.

not everybody can sit around and CAMP websites/Twitter/and facebook all weekend, we have stuff to do.

This sucks for people like me b/c there will probably be pre orders at SOME random stupid a$$ time during this weekend, the people who ARE camping websites will find out about it instantly and get their pre orders in, and knowing my luck? ill find out about it last minute when 1,000's of other orders are in and ill get on Back order.

ATT should just make a public announcement like Apple does with Iphones and say "pre orders start at 12am on sat/sun" or something like that. How hard is it to do that?!

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
You're very confident... with nothing to back up your "accurate" statements. Granted, I think you may be right, but the point of my previous post was that all phones don't get a pre order date; not to say that these won't.

Well you will find out soon enough now won't you?

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Well you will find out soon enough now won't you?

We will all find out soon, won't we. And if pre orders come out this weekend with delivery next, I'll be thrilled. If there are no pre orders and it hit shelves this weekend, I'll still be thrilled... and lastly, if there are no pre orders and it doesn't hit shelves until next weekend... guess what, I'll be thrilled.

I'm just excited about the phone, not making posts about what's going to happen so I can come out here and bask in the glory of telling everyone "see, I told you so." Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that you spout off statements on here like they are set in stone with a "my resource told me" to back it up. I mean, ****, eventually, you'd have to get it right, wouldn't you? There are only so many more weekends left in this Fall :p

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
We will all find out soon, won't we. And if pre orders come out this weekend with delivery next, I'll be thrilled. If there are no pre orders and it hit shelves this weekend, I'll still be thrilled... and lastly, if there are no pre orders and it doesn't hit shelves until next weekend... guess what, I'll be thrilled.

I'm just excited about the phone, not making posts about what's going to happen so I can come out here and bask in the glory of telling everyone "see, I told you so." Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that you spout off statements on here like they are set in stone with a "my resource told me" to back it up. I mean, ****, eventually, you'd have to get it right, wouldn't you? There are only so many more weekends left in this Fall :p

Eventually? I said it was supposed to be the 4th (With preorders on the 21st), and it was pushed back a week. Check the post history kiddo. I've been saying that for a while now. Hasn't changed. Any statement I made in regards to what MICROSOFT was going to do, was purely speculation. Because Microsoft != AT&T.

Prove me wrong. I'm going to get some Pancheros so I have something to snack on while I wait.

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Eventually? I said it was supposed to be the 4th (With preorders on the 21st), and it was pushed back a week. Check the post history kiddo. I've been saying that for a while now. Hasn't changed. Any statement I made in regards to what MICROSOFT was going to do, was purely speculation. Because Microsoft != AT&T.

Prove me wrong. I'm going to get some Pancheros so I have something to snack on while I wait.

I am not sure why people can't seem to grasp a product slipping 1 week. Some of these people make it sound like it was promised to them in May and will not arrive until after Christmas.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure why people can't seem to grasp a product slipping 1 week. Some of these people make it sound like it was promised to them in May and will not arrive until after Christmas.

People also do not seem to realize that things such as "Announcement date" are completely dynamic and are constantly subject to change. Which is why I have never claimed to have any knowledge as to when they would ANNOUNCE these things to begin. I just assumed they would do it on the 29th.

I've also been stating for a while why the date was pushed back. AT&T received the finished build of WP8 later than originally expected, which then pushed back testing which pushed back training. I am assuming the reason why no announcement was made sooner is because they were hoping they could still somehow make the Nov 4th date.

Also, notice how Verizon and no one else in the U.S. has a WP8 phone out either?

Last edited:

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
when you leave things unsaid, you open yourself to people starting rumors.

last Monday, we should have had a date. It should have been a uniform date. There should not have been a best buy preorder 2 weeks ago, there shouldn't be **** popping up on ebay for an hour. shouldn't be 3 different dates (or lack there of) for 3 different carriers.

They should have had their little press conference, and they should have given a date. that date probably should be sooner rather than later... or else you scheduled your conference too soon... but whatever, give a date, if you want to make it "official" as of November 28th, whatever, but make it official so people have a realistic expectation.

And do a damn world wide release, don't drop them in Canada from who knows where... If nothing else, it gives the world far too much time to read reviews of people that are ignorant, biased, or just trolling; and cause potential buyers to back out of their purchase.

For better or worse, msft and especially their phones, have a reputation for chaos and poor management. This, reinforces that notion, when they otherwise had a real opportunity to try and change some peoples perceptions.

Wasted opportunity by them to turn over a new leaf.

Im still getting a 920, still excited. but my enjoyment is heavily dependent on others coming around, to get the market share, to get the apps. My own favoritism for Microsoft will not make this phone a long term success.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site

Kiddo? Really? Just because someone is willing to go toe to toe with you in a discussion, you resort to petulant (using your word from another post) insults?

"vagrantwade

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Too many petulant children."

Since the thread is closed, here is a c/p of your post. While this has nothing to do with a launch date, it does directly support my comment above regarding "...bask in the glory of telling everyone "see, I told you so."

vagrantwade

Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

The embargo was for the firmware. The 920 will be out in a couple weeks along with the inferior 8x. These whiners will look silly when availability is given this week.

The phone will be out in the U.S. by the 11th. The only reason why it hasn't been announced is because they were hoping to re-meet their original launch of Nov 4th. But it's looking like the week pushback is going to stick. The absolute nerd raging that would have happened if they said the 4th then had to push back would have been astounding. Feel free to bookmark this. I plan to.

Blame AT&T"

Both from here http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-general-discussion/200014-2.htm

I'm not worried about your post history, or calling you wrong. Just pointing out that it is tough to listen to someone who "has a source" as all of their proof, trying to make it look like they were in the know when rumored dates weren't hit.

And, actually, if you read MY post, you would see "Granted, I think you may be right, but the point of my previous post was that all phones don't get a pre order date; not to say that these won't." Oddly enough, that looks like I might actually be agreeing with you there :dry

Enjoy your Pancheros

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro