Interest in 920 waning; 8X increasing...?

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
The problem with not getting availability dates from AT&T with standing I'm absolutely amazed that Nokia has yet to release either test units or review embargo's on the Lumia 920.

HTC 8X has been reviewed by every major tech outlet and many are already calling it the Windows Phone to own. Granted that is more due to lack of testing of other units than anything else. But even I've started second guessing my decision to buy the 920 and go 8X instead as well.

I'm still hanging on to the 920 due to it's superior screen, camera, and quality apps from Nokia (unlike the dumpster fires that the carriers try to foist into most users). But going so long without even a review of the Lumia 920 hardware and the 8X being fully tested has to be erroding the 920 market a little bit.

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
But going so long without even a review of the Lumia 920 hardware and the 8X being fully tested has to be erroding the 920 market a little bit.

It could be smart for Nokia to have an embargo date later than the 8X. I'd imagine both phones are going to be released within a similar time frame. Reviews for the 920 should come before that, and by then the 920 will be fresh in people's mind and the 8x will fade a little.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a little, but 920 is still more hyped. I mean, just look at the amount of new posts in this forum today vs. the 8X's forum. I do agree Nokia needs to get the 920 out to review soon. I really don't know what the delay is.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
8X interest might be growing but since nobody can buy it it doesn't mean much. If it were released this week I would be it would steal a lot of purchases from people interested in the 920.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Pple are so much amazed with what tech they have rather than what they use.

So one commercial with all the tech in 920 will put it back on top.. What does 8X have that will make it stand apart. Other than copying the Lumia look and colors.

BTW you do know that Lumia is shipping every where (or will start shipping) other than USA right?

Looks Like ATT will annouce it this weekend.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
The problem with not getting availability dates from AT&T with standing I'm absolutely amazed that Nokia has yet to release either test units or review embargo's on the Lumia 920.

Like said here. What does it really matter when HTC X8 isn't available either, Lumia 920 is actually just now selling in Canada and France. By end of this week it will be sold in UK, Russia and by end of November it should be available pretty much everywhere.

Maybe a little, but 920 is still more hyped. I mean, just look at the amount of new posts in this forum today vs. the 8X's forum. I do agree Nokia needs to get the 920 out to review soon. I really don't know what the delay is.

Lumia 920 has been reviewed in Europe and the likes of GSMarena already said they got Lumia 920 review unit week ago. They just usually make such a huge and informative reviews that it takes week or two to get them out.

Engadget and The Verge mostly serve American audience so they are waiting for the AT&T version. That is after all different model with a different model number compared to the global version.

DallasFann

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Some of the reviews for the 8X are probably because those are the phones MS handed out at the WP8 event. The BUILD conference the next day handed out Lumia 920's. I am sure the ramp up will start soon but with all the silence on ATT it is killing the 920 while the other carriers have pricing and dates or at least approx. dates for the 8X. If the international version had all the ATT bands I would just buy one from overseas and stop waiting on the idiots at ATT to keep screwing up this launch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234