lumia 920 Pocketlint review. (No, I didn't write it)

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that people incorrectly apply light with cheap. Just because the Lumia is heavy doesn't mean is hefty, durable or more premium that the ATIV. Is still a chunk of plastic.

Also lets be real, how many reviewers are using the word sexy, beautiful or striking while talking about the 920? I ain't saying is ugly but it kind of is.

Lately winterfang, you only seem to post trollish crap about Nokia and praise HTC. All the while you call others fanboys for liking the Nokia devices. Very hypocritical of you.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
And here I thought he was all about the ATIV S. I guess he's for anything other than Nokia ;)

Apparently he flip flops more than Mitt Romney. Similar to how Mitt Romney can only guarantee his position as he "disagrees with Obama", Winterfang can only guarantee his position as he "disagrees with Nokia".

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Doesnt anything by Motorola weigh more or at least close to it?
Their phones aint thin or

And any smartphone with a slideout keyboard should weigh more too shouldnt it?

Oh and if the Note 2 is meant for 2 hands....do you use 2 hands to hold it to your one ear to answer phone calls?

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that people can't read anything without going to extremes.

When I say something good about the ATIV. I'm a samsung ******.
When I say something good about the 8X. I'm an HTC ******.
When I say something good about the Note II. I'm an Android ******.

I praise the good things and bash the bad ones, Nokia just happens to be being doing more wrong than right lately.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that people can't read anything without going to extremes.

When I say something good about the 8X. I'm an HTC ******.
When I say something good about the Note II. I'm an Android ******.

I praise the good things and bash the bad ones, Nokia just happens to be being doing more wrong than right lately.

No. That's just the opinion of a young man with a severe case of Hateritus.

You said you were disappointed with WP8 and you were getting a Nexus 4. Ba byeeeee.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
You can't make me go vagrantwade. Also I don't see how is my opinion that.

1-Nokia fake the 920 videos
2-Nokia fake the 920 pictures
3-Carrier exclusivity
4-This complete mess of a launch. (more fault of WP8 in general actually)
5-The camera not living up to the hype. (for the third time)

Also I'm getting the Nexus because it offers the best value, I was going to get a 8S but I had to be a moron to not get something better for the same price.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You can't make me go vagrantwade. Also I don't see how is my opinion that.

1-Nokia fake the 920 videos
2-Nokia fake the 920 pictures
3-Carrier exclusivity
4-This complete mess of a launch. (more fault of WP8 in general actually)
5-The camera not living up to the hype. (for the third time)

Also I'm getting the Nexus because it offers the best value, I was going to get a 8S but I had to be a moron to not get something better for the same price.

Not to be "fanboyish", but let us break this down.

1- Oh, so that commercial where the iPhone is perfectly scaling and rotating a map of a city (with 3d buildings no less!) is a perfect representation of the maps application for iOS 6? All commercials use "simulated images" on the phone screens because of glare and obvious filming issues, guess those are fake too.

Of course, we are also ignoring the fact that the video recording performance is probably the best out there on a mobile device. We have real world videos confirming this.

2- Seems to me like all the night pictures are an accurate reflection of the phone's capabilities. I'd like some links and proof that this is the case AND that they turned out to be a gross misinterpretation of the camera's abilities.

3- Sorry, but that's just how it goes down in the mobile industry. I remember when people cried about the iPhone only being on AT&T. Of course, HTC, Motorola, Samsung and Sony have never done anything like this before. Shame on Nokia.

4- I couldn't possibly care less about the rollout consistency. Did you expect every carrier to have WP8 devices on the same day nation wide? Continent wide? World Wide? Delusions of grandeur sir. Apple can only do it because they manufacture the only phone that has iOS. No driver support issues and all that pesky sh*t that's for nerds only.

5- Seems like a fantastic camera to me. People don't use their phones for professional photos. They use them for real life photos. I swear I've barely taken a photo with any phone over the past 4 years because unless nothing is moving, the lighting is perfect, and I don't move 1 nanometer while I press the camera button (or touch the screen), the photo always has some defect or is terrible. I want to be able to strap that biznitch to my handbars on my motorcycle and take smooth video and I want to be able to not tell people to stop moving during any sort of movement activity just to get a decent shot.

So in summary:

1 of your points is Microsoft's fault... if you can call it that when doing a worldwide launch
1 of your points is something all manufacturers do with some of their phones
3 of your points are about the "sh**ty" camera.

Yeah, the camera is bad, but the camera video is good, but the camera is still bad and did I mention that the camera is bad?

It would appear that you don't like the camera. Is that a safe guess? Or is it because you also don't like the camera?

.... see my point? You're hating... hard.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the camera is bad, but the camera video is good, but the camera is still bad and did I mention that the camera is bad?

It would appear that you don't like the camera. Is that a safe guess? Or is it because you also don't like the camera?

.... see my point? You're hating... hard.
Yeah I really don't know what his beef is with the 920's camera. He's hating on every 920 camera thread that you can find.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I really don't know what his beef is with the 920's camera. He's hating on every 920 camera thread that you can find.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt over the past few weeks, but not anymore. His griping is legendary on these forums now.

I think the vitriol is because he is disappointed that the camera on the 920 can't penetrate and perceive your very soul, as Nokia led us all to believe of course.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
When you repeatedly state a device is the "best" and shows how lacking the rest of the line-up is, whereby your logic is that the few pluses the device has vastly outweighs its negatives and everything that other devices offer over it are pointless, then embark on smear campaigns against them? No, that is not equivalent to saying "something good" about it.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What are the negatives so far about the ATIV? They chose Big screens, Expandable storage,and Big removable batteries over other gimmicks. Samsung knows what it's doing, from day one I couldn't find nothing to complain.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The weight doesn't concern me as much as the size.. but that is true for almost all new devices.. the gs3/x1/xperia s/nexus.. can't be used with one hand, or at least not comfortably.

The Nokia N9 remains the benchmark for ergonomics..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb