lumia 920 Pocketlint review. (No, I didn't write it)

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I find the weight issue to be ridiculous. I've been rocking an HTC Arrive since it launched almost two years ago. It's 184 grams. The 920 is 185 with a vastly larger and wider screen, and it's 4-5 mm thinner.

I find it quite pocketable, but have long wished for a better screen and thinner, wider profile. The 920 is it.

ramcoza

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well the note is pretty thin, that helps the pocketability.

Oh man, 1 mm difference means anything? I will accept if you compare it with iPhone 5. Because that's true. But not in this case.

No matter it's pocketable or not. But it weighs the same. That means if lumia 920 is heavy the note 2 is also heavy, no matter it's 1 mm thin. Because thinness cannot reduce anything from the 185g.

Moreover I didn't say Lumia is thin or not bulky. But what I say is, this will happen when classical fanboys reviewing a product.
They will forgot everything and search every possibility to find the minus from the product, when they review a product from competition, like here they could only find the heaviness in this case to cost two stars. But they will find every possible way to hide the negative points, when reviewing their beloved brand products, like what happened when they reviewed the Note 2. This is untreatable, because we are human after all. We have our own taste and love. Reviewers aren't exempt from this.
This is reality anyway. ;)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well according to the reviewer. The 920 is thick, bulky,heavy and ugly, the note isn't. I can't do anything about it, is his opinion.

ramcoza

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well according to the reviewer. The 920 is thick, bulky,heavy and ugly, the note isn't. I can't do anything about it, is his opinion.

Yes, this is what I said. You accepted that it's his "opinion".

So basically, the review is his opinion only.

And boy, he never said it's ugly.
I think that's your desire to add some spice to it. Isn't it? :p

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If it's heavy

If it's "heavy" like the 900 is heavy, then i would say solid or sturdy.

all these lightweight phones are flimsy and break the first time you drop them, or accidentally sit on them.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
hate

i dunno what all the hate is about especially from HTC owners, i've owned HTC and overall build is OK the recepton is awful on them i mean awful i've owned several, ive also owned several nokia and you cannot beat the build quality, like i say the 900 and 800 had the worst out of nokia as far as build quality and they were still better than 90% of whats out there, HTC is not bad phone by any means, and i do like the look of the 8X, but if that thing has reception like the last 3 i had screw it, not only that you have wireless charging and a 32g with nokia and its only what 50 bucks more or same price? All this hate is ridiculous we are talknig about a phone that is top notch in technology for cheaper than most other phones in its category and with a better camere and it weighs a few grams more some of the blackberry were REALLY heavy nobody complained about those and ya maybe tis heavy for todays phones but with all its got in it, its definitely not heavy, why do you think nobody else is putting wireless charging in becase they cant probably even get it to 185g it would prolly be over 200, and i see all these android people running around with extended batteries their phones are HUGE. This has no merit in taking off a full point in a review, was an awful review and yes you should lose some for heaviness but the fact they could fit all that in there with the OIS and only be 185 and as thin as it is, i also thought i read someone the 900 was thicker than the 920 also. Which would make the 900 bulky but nobody complained about that did they.

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site
After reading the Lumia 920 is so heavy on lots of sites, I WILL have to go to a store and try it (even if I'm not planning to get a new phone now). In the past, I had a tendency to pick heavier phones with some heft, they just feel more comfortable in my hand. Yes, I'm female and supposed to prefer small, light, dainty things, but I guess liking heavier stuff comes with being a tall strong woman. :p Even in the past, wenn the trend in mobile phones was to make them as small as possible, I never followed this trend.

An example why I like my phones bigger: My last phone was a HTC Wildfire. Small, light. My present phone is a Lumia 800: Bigger and heavier (but not really big, I know). I've dropped my HTC uncountable times - no heft, slippery, just too small and light for my hands. I've dropped my Lumia only once.
I've held a Samsung Galaxy S3 recently ... the size, combined with its thinness, felt a bit uncomfortable in my hand.

Bkr11

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Too heavy....or too light?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I find my Droid RAZR too thin & too light, so I'm looking forward to some heft. Not everybody is in the author's camp and a fan of featherweight gadgets.

Unfortunately I still need to figure out if this is worth bailing on VZW for or whether I wait to see what comes in 90ish days...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Imagine what would happen if you dropped a L920 on an 8X.

OMG

bomb_crater_in_city.jpg

?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There's no doubt that 185g is heavy for a phone and the 920 is on the large side. It's just a matter of whether or not that is a barrier to you that outweighs (pun intended) the advantages the 920 offers.

I'm not entirely decided yet, but given my experience with Nokia, my next phone is very likely to be a Nokia device. I'm not thrilled that they chose to make the 920 a bit bigger and heavier than the 900, but I suspect in the end the pros will outweigh the cons for me. I don't really see myself buying the imitation Lumia when I can have a real one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon