lumia 920 Pocketlint review. (No, I didn't write it)

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Wait a second... so we get some sort of Social Network snafu of TWEETS all over the place of the iphone 5 being too light.. now the 920 is too heavy?? LOL... #HeavyGate.

no seriously.. what is happening to tech society? hehe..

Anyways.. i've owned the original galaxy Note.. that's like what 178 G's right?

i always felt like that was even too light.. it felt cheap.

I think 185 G's is going to be just perfect for me =D might have a solid and not cheap feel to it.

~Btw i'm an iPhone 5 owner. Ordering the 920.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have not read either review, so I am going to go off the poster who compared the 920 to the Note 2 reviews.

While one can debate the merits of if an opinion is "bad", I do find it disturbing that they didn't knock off the Note 2 for whatever reason in terms of weight and thickness, but the Lumia 920 has to go through the same issue? One thing I will hate about any reviewers is inconsistency. This seems to exist largely in the video game and overall tech world. Video Game "A" gets criticized for being repetitive and redundant, but Video Game "B" of the same genre and everything will get praised.

Also, deleting comments that call you out on it just show you have no integrity as a reviewer. Sad face.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Why it shouldn't? In smartphone world, Thinner/lighter is always better. And it doesn't have to be cheap either look at the Iphone 5.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Why it shouldn't? In smartphone world, Thinner/lighter is always better. And it doesn't have to be cheap either look at the Iphone 5.

I know, i have an iPhone 5 and i think what makes the iPhone 5 feel so great is because of the solid Aluminum it doesn't feel cheap.

The galaxy note however felt cheap, the S3 felt even more cheap then the Note, the S3 was more plastiky"

I'm looking forward to the 900'ish feel but heavier, i also have a 900 i like the feel of it. I don't think 185 g's is going to be bad at all.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
HTC 7 Pro.
HTC Desire Z.
Samsung Galaxy Note II.
Samsung Galaxy Note.
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.
HTC Evo 3D.

All these devices are between 170g and 185g. Where are the owners of these devices whose arms are getting tired?

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The problem is that people incorrectly apply light with cheap. Just because the Lumia is heavy doesn't mean is hefty, durable or more premium that the ATIV. Is still a chunk of plastic.

Also lets be real, how many reviewers are using the word sexy, beautiful or striking while talking about the 920? I ain't saying is ugly but it kind of is.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
What weighs more? A thousand pound of bricks or a thousand pound of feathers?

That the 920 weighs the same as the Galaxy Note 2, 900 etc... yet only the 920 is being called out on it, tells me that in trying to find a negative, that's the only thing they can think of. I just don't understand it. If it weighs the same as the 900 then there is no issue at all imo.

Last edited:

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you grab a bag of feathers and it weights 1000 pounds, you will be like WTF, this have no business weighting that much. The same is with the 920. A plastic phone shouldn't be that heavy.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you grab a bag of feathers and it weights 1000 pounds, you will be like WTF, this have no business weighting that much. The same is with the 920. A plastic phone shouldn't be that heavy.

What?? The point is that 185g does not weigh more than 185g. No matter how you spin it.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The problem here is Winterfang and his new favourite reviewers have nothing to back up their ridiculous hyperbolic statements.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
Oh my god, I just realised, how the **** does Jessica Alba hold this brick, this monstrosity? It's so incredibly ugly and heavy!

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The Note is meant yo be used with 2 hands, the Lumia isn't.

Pfft what kind of bs excuse is this? Two hands? So you're saying a person isn't supposed to cradle the Note 2 in one hand while using the stylus with the other? Well damn if that's the case I guess Samsung screwed up putting in a stylus, or wait I guess that's only if a person has a table they can rest the Note 2 on.

I guess it also means Samsung screwed up putting a microphone and sound receiver for using it like a phone too. Man they should've just made it all bluetooth enabled.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh my god, I just realised, how the **** does Jessica Alba hold this brick, this monstrosity? It's so incredibly ugly and heavy!

But look at the muscles on that woman. I'd like to see her flex against Winterfang.

Though I'm sure Wintergang would rather test his strength versus hers through a wrestling match.

Heck, throw Enrique Iglesas in there too for the heck of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05