HTC 8X unlocked version

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Been watching reviews for HTC 8x and I might've read the reviews wrong but the international unlocked version doesn't support LTE? The videos I watched showed that the phone uses HSPA+? What is exactly is HSPA+? I am a T-Mobile customer and planning to buy an unlocked version so that I wouldn't have to worry unlocking the phone later on.

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Been watching reviews for HTC 8x and I might've read the reviews wrong but the international unlocked version doesn't support LTE? The videos I watched showed that the phone uses HSPA+? What is exactly is HSPA+? I am a T-Mobile customer and planning to buy an unlocked version so that I wouldn't have to worry unlocking the phone later on.
And also how fast is HSPA+? T-Mobile doesn't have LTE yet but I was wondering if the HSPA+'s speed will match the T-Mobile's 4G.

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Lucky for me. I live in Seattle.
Sorry but I have one more question. How fast is the HSPA+ compared to T-Mobile's 4G?
And what is HSPA+? HSPA+ = 3G?

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
HSPA is 3G. T-Mo advertises their HSPA+ as 4G. HSPA+ is 42 mbps and non + is 14 iirc (someone correct me if I'm wrong). LTE is 100 mbps. Those numbers are theoretical maxs. In real world you'll see around half?

I forget which website or magazine compared data speeds from different carriers and they put up T-mo's 4G vs other LTEs and it did quite well in some respects. Need to find review.

andras5soul

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about it - T-Mobile unlocks phones pretty much for anybody. I'm a long time T-Mobile client, and won't be switching any time soon. After you've had the phone for a few weeks, give them a call (just simple 611 customer care) and let them know you'll be abroad and would like to use your T-Mobile phone with a prepaid T-Mobile sim card in Europe. Since the T-Mobile European pay-as-you-go sim cards don't work with US T-Mobile phones, they will simply email you the unlock code for your phone.

popartist

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the map - just found out I am getting the unlocked 8X and was a little concerned about the bands - looks like I am in good shape here in NYC though. :)

Gyeames

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If you're on Tmobile, the international unlocked version won't work for you unless you're in a refarm area (check Sightings of T-Mobile 3G/4G/HSPA+ coverage on 1900MHz (PCS/UMTS band II)) it only has 850/900/1900/2100 3g bands

Does this mean that the Nokia Lumia 920 will also get 3G/HSPA+ connection when in a refarming area?
I mean it shows that both phones has the same bands.
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_windows_phone_8x-4975.php
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_920-4967.php

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon