Unlocked Lumia 920 - Updated

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've read that they will not be unlocked, but who knows what is true these days.
That makes me a sad panda.

Yeah, I guess I'll wait. Not having an international warranty also makes me a sad panda.

So I have no crappy idea what I am supposed to do. I need me my Lumia.

Friggin' iPhone 4S. If I made a little bit more money, I don't know... 25-30% more, I would take my 4S and break it agains a wall, run it over with my car, pee on it.... damn, light it up with some gasoline.

BREAK that piece of boring, stale doodoo.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Any news if the Microsoft Stores will carry them unlocked? That would be my best bet, I suppose.
I've been told by several Microsoft Store employees that they will not be unlocked. They also stress that they (the Microsoft Stores themselves) are "only" third party dealers so they are locked in to whatever carrier they are selling for.

I find that humorous (and sad)

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been told by several Microsoft Store employees that they will not be unlocked. They also stress that they (the Microsoft Stores themselves) are "only" third party dealers so they are locked in to whatever carrier they are selling for.

I find that humorous (and sad)
Sad, indeed.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Friggin' iPhone 4S. If I made a little bit more money, I don't know... 25-30% more, I would take my 4S and break it agains a wall, run it over with my car, pee on it.... damn, light it up with some gasoline.

:lol:LoL:lol:

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Last week I checked Negri Electronics and the phone was 698 US Dollars. Now, it's 775 for the black one and 730 for the grey one.

I do not find that very reputable.

Any other places to get it?

Will the Microsoft stores get unlocked/unbranded Lumias?

I refuse to buy it for almost 900 US Dollars from a dude on Ebay.

I am getting kinda desperate. (I need me my gadgets)

Check out options on other countries. I ordered a Black HTC 8X from Clove (UK) last friday. It should arrive in Merida (we live in the same city!) this weekend. Total price in USD incl. shipping was around $560.00.

They haven't published any news regarding the stock availability of the Lumia 920 but you can keep an eye on their site/twitter. Smartphones, Tablets, HTC, Motorola, BlackBerry - from Clove

Another source to buy can be Expansys but they haven't said anything about stock for the 920 either. Their site will tell you to visit their mexican page but the prices listed for the 8X were almost the same as the ones in Mercado Libre, which are not bad but not cheap either. First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys.com UK

Saludos!

nileshdd

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

How about the Best Buy ads? Is the off-contract version for 600$ unlocked?
I'd love to get a cyan ATT model unlocked.

Nilesh

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That makes me a sad panda.

Yeah, I guess I'll wait. Not having an international warranty also makes me a sad panda.

So I have no crappy idea what I am supposed to do. I need me my Lumia.

Your poor iPhone. :( I have an iPhone 4. I love it, would never hurt it, lol, but I'm getting a WP8 myself (Lumia 810, probably a 920 in several months).

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check out options on other countries. I ordered a Black HTC 8X from Clove (UK) last friday. It should arrive in Merida (we live in the same city!) this weekend. Total price in USD incl. shipping was around $560.00.

They haven't published any news regarding the stock availability of the Lumia 920 but you can keep an eye on their site/twitter. Smartphones, Tablets, HTC, Motorola, BlackBerry - from Clove

Another source to buy can be Expansys but they haven't said anything about stock for the 920 either. Their site will tell you to visit their mexican page but the prices listed for the 8X were almost the same as the ones in Mercado Libre, which are not bad but not cheap either. First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys.com UK

Saludos!
Are you mexican? Did you find out what kind of taxes/tariffs you will pay for that phone?

That is one thing that is keeping me from ordering it from Negri. If the phone is made in China, I guess taxes could be pretty high.

But I think it is made in Korea... I guess I should ask around in here

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Are you mexican? Did you find out what kind of taxes/tariffs you will pay for that phone?

That is one thing that is keeping me from ordering it from Negri. If the phone is made in China, I guess taxes could be pretty high.

But I think it is made in Korea... I guess I should ask around in here

Yes, I'm Mexican.

Two months ago, I ordered two Nexus 7 16GB from eBay and I paid MXN $750 for both. The total price of that invoice was around USD $500. I took that into account so if I end up paying something for the 8X (I still don't know if I will until the phone arrives this week) it should be near that. The price is still great if you consider that amount for tax or import fee.

The worst case scenario if a tax/import fee if any, is high, I would be paying almost the same amount local shops will be charging for it when it comes to Mexico, at least MXN $9,500 on Expansys.com.mx or MXN $10,500+ on Mercado Libre, but I will have it much much sooner. It ships tomorrow and should arrive saturday or monday at the most :D

Last edited:

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Noticed last night that Negri changed the MHzs on their unlocked grey and reds to remove the 1700MHz spectrum. Have an email in with them right now, waiting on a response. If so, this is sad.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Noticed last night that Negri changed the MHzs on their unlocked grey and reds to remove the 1700MHz spectrum. Have an email in with them right now, waiting on a response. If so, this is sad.

I'm literally on their website as we speak and still see the AWS 1700 band showing for the red one. The grey I see, it's gone for that one. :-/

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm Mexican.

Two months ago, I ordered two Nexus 7 16GB from eBay and I paid MXN $750 for both. The total price of that invoice was around USD $500. I took that into account so if I end up paying something for the 8X (I still don't know if I will until the phone arrives this week) it should be near that. The price is still great if you consider that amount for tax or import fee.

The worst case scenario if a tax/import fee if any, is high, I would be paying almost the same amount local shops will be charging for it when it comes to Mexico, at least MXN $9,500 on Expansys.com.mx or MXN $10,500+ on Mercado Libre, but I will have it much much sooner. It ships tomorrow and should arrive saturday or monday at the most :D
Awesome! Please let us know how much you pay.

It's funny to find someone from M?rida here. Unexpected. jajaja

Well, my parents are going on a trip on the 22nd to the US, I may send them to their hotel, as I'm ordering two 920s, it would not be fun to pay 120 US Dollars on import taxes.

To the dude that e-mailed Negri about the MHz, PLEASE let us know what they say.

I would really hate to get a 920 and not being able to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel