California Blue 8X Owners, how does it match with other accent colors?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi there. I'm still deciding (for the last 4 hours) between the black or the blue one.

I would like to get the blue because I like it a lot and it would be a change from all the black pones I've own. My main concern is that it won't match well with many accent colors.

My favorite accent colors are Lime, Cyan and Orange. With the first two I don't see a problem, but what about the new options in WP8?

So, in short. If you own a Blue 8X, have you tried other accent colors? How well they work with the pone being Blue?

Thanks!

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought, but after seeing tons of videos of it I started to like it more and more.

I ended up ordering the black one and an original blue case for it as it was the only case color available that I could find. I will keep an eye for a limelight yellow and a black case to have around if the blue one gets boring or becomes too much for me.

agolding

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
it goes with other theme colours way better than my lumia 800 did, with that I only used the blue acsent, with the california blue its a bit more neutral and looks better with other colours.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The other thing that got me thinking about colors was the kind of cases that are available from HTC and generic offers. All of the hard covers I saw don't cover some parts of the device. Thus, having it in black will enhance the cover color and not show a blend of the cover and some parts of the phone color making it look less streamlined.

Hopefully Clove can have the black in stock by Monday or Tuesday so I can get mine in a week or so in Mexico :D

qblarg

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So does the blue actually look purple in real life? Like practically every single picture I've seen it looks purple to me save for a few where it actually looks blue. If it's more purple than blue I'm probably going to go with the red/orange

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So does the blue actually look purple in real life? Like practically every single picture I've seen it looks purple to me save for a few where it actually looks blue. If it's more purple than blue I'm probably going to go with the red/orange

It is difficult to tell from all the pictures around the web, but I see it a bit over the purple side even when I liked the blue tone as well. Make your decision based on your own criteria seeing pictures or try to get a hold on a device before buying.

If you are like me and can't wait, you can get a black and buy color cases (the originals from HTC look great, I ordered a blue one) or as you said, choose a red/orange one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos