Bestbuy preorder question

bd2willis

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
For those of us who were "lucky" enough to get our preorder thru BB in the 21st I have a ? for you...

Are you considering canceling that order now that the rumor about the free wireless charger is out?

I have been kinda regretting the preorder the last couple days and I honestly don't know what to do. I'm 100% getting the 920 and I want it ASAP (like everyone else)..

Have people canceled the BB preorder and if so why?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
For those of us who were "lucky" enough to get our preorder thru BB in the 21st I have a ? for you...

Are you considering canceling that order now that the rumor about the free wireless charger is out?

I have been kinda regretting the preorder the last couple days and I honestly don't know what to do. I'm 100% getting the 920 and I want it ASAP (like everyone else)..

Have people canceled the BB preorder and if so why?

Already cancelled. I hate BB anyways.

tapiocamilktea

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I cancelled mine. I figured I can always preorder again if they announce it this weekend with a free charger from AT&T or BB, and I doubt they will be unable to meet initial preorder demands. The only lose situation here is if 920 is going to officially priced at the $200 price point, in which case I won't get the nice $150 "price error" from 10/21 preorders, the chances of that happening is unlikely. Another concern I have is if BB is going to the shipments as fast as ATT. If ATT has more units available and earlier, cancelling the BB order close is launch date is going to be more troublesome according to their preorder policies for mobile phones.

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
On the phone now to cancel two pre-orders. I have a grandfatherd Data plan, so after reading some things, I was a little concerned about that. Just going to go through AT&T and make sure nothing has happened to my data plan. So after I cancel with Best Buy I will be calling AT&T to make sure nothing was messed up on my plan.

STM 69

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Haven't canceled yet, but leaning that way- same concerns about BB somehow screwing up my unlimited data plan.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
stickin with it.

I had a $40 gift card in my wallet since 1935 since I never buy stuff at best buy, so the opportunity to use it was like WOH.

I don't know that they are doing a wirelesss charger, but if they are, whats to say that wont be through bestbuy... they are an authorize att dealer I think.

and lastly, I changed to a 3gb data plan anyway. I had unlimited, but its throttled after 2gb anyway... so Im really getting more with 3gb of true capacity anyway. I actually didn't realize you could retain unlimited when you switched to an LTE plan, but it wouldn't have mattered to me.

at the end of the day, its the gift card that keeps me there. Ill never use that darn thing otherwise.

unboxfetish

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't know that they are doing a wirelesss charger, but if they are, whats to say that wont be through bestbuy... they are an authorize att dealer I think.

I don't know, wouldn't amazon and walmart be considered authorized dealers too? And they have different pricing all the time. It just seems strange that AT&T do something complex like a promotion, executed by a third party.

Also, unless the promotion is confirmed prior to BB shipping and enough people are aware and willing to cancel the 10/21 preorders, BB has no reason to go along with the promotion.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm debating canceling my pre-order as well. For me, the idea of a wireless charging plate is nice and I'd really like one but far more important is getting my device ASAP. And if that means hanging on to my BBY pre-order then that's what I'll do.

That said, I'm much more worried that a BBY pre-order means I'll get the phone AFTER the AT&T pre-orders ship.

Hopefully tomorrow brings a pre-order page from AT&T so that I can check it all out and get one ordered.

bd2willis

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
cancelled my preorder like 15 min after posting this... im coming to att as a new customer and porting a #... might as well just pay attention and preorder when att puts it out... i might get a day or 2 later but atleast (hopefully) no headaches ((and a free charge plate)) MAN CAN HOPE!!

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my best buy preorder so thank you to those who have cancelled! Now I'm that further up in line. I'm only staying because I essentially get my phone from them for free. I signed up with their mobile deal back in February. Just signing my number up with them gets me $50 just for upgrading through best buy. I also had $100 in gift cards through the Viggle app and rewardzone tickets. Whether I get a free wireless charger or not I'm still getting a better deal price wise through best buy.

Though last night showed me how much a wireless.charger would help as my charging cable fell out of my Focus while I was sleeping...grrr...

rkgriffin

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I am keeping mine just in case they ship before AT&T does. I can always refuse the delivery. Also depends if the BestBuy comes with the charging pad.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been waiting this long, I can wait a little longer, although I find myself getting more impatient by the day (and the fact there was no real information about what happened or why really burns me).

My plan will stay the same with AT&T, the timing should be the same and maybe, just maybe, I'll be far enough ahead in the line to get mine early.

A guy can dream...

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm keeping my BB preorder unless I get to a store to buy it first....then I'll cancel or send it back BB you have a race on your hands LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo