Here we are, Nov 4th Still no pre orders or announcement.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Worst launch ever. How is it that here in the USA we don't even have a launch date and yet right accross the border in Canada, they already can buy them? It's a joke and I hope lots of people get fired for it. This is not how you run a successful buisness.

PappesHartley

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Worst launch ever. How is it that here in the USA we don't even have a launch date and yet right accross the border in Canada, they already can buy them? It's a joke and I hope lots of people get fired for it. This is not how you run a successful buisness.

Couldn't agree more. They have really beat up the hype by how early it was announced to the time it comes out and the fact that we are supposed to be a week from release it hasn't been let on that it's going to happen.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
No additional news from your source? Not being a smartass, genuinely interested. Rumor news is better than no news (as long as you dont let it consume you)!

Like I said. I haven't spoken to him since before the Windows Phone 8 launch event. And as of then, it was suppose to be preorders on the 4th and launch on the 11th.

But then we had our second accidental preorder open up by Ebay/BB Mobile. So who knows what might have changed.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I doubt you have ever run a business as successful as Nokia or that you have done 1/10 what Stephen Elop has professionally, so just have a seat and calm down. It's just a phone. It will be released when it's time. Probably within a week based on most rumors.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Here is the problem . Ms held a launch event on the 29th. You dont hold a launch
event without having release dates and pricing without people not getting pissed. Since tmobile already priced and dated, att shoukd be ablw to.

When you hold a launch event and yes ms used launch, the ohone better be ready.

Why? who determined that this is the only way?
People are always going to get pissed about something.
They launched the OS, not a device, so again why?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm done waiting. And the 11th is WAY too long. I think we should drop this phone out of PRINCIPLE

Yeah, I'm going to abandon the phone that's #1 on my list because 1 less sale out of millions will really hurt Nokia and prove a princple. :lol:

You guys are ridiculous. Calm down.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Unless they plan to overnight all preorders I think anyone waiting to preorder this phone that is supposed to be available in 5 days is wasting their time. Might as well just go with the 8X, that's available to buy now right? ;)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
WTF AT&T. I am really pissed. I want my Nokia Lumia 920 RIGHT NOW! Please take my money. I called ATT this morning to see if I can pre-order. The lady put me on hold for few minutes saying that she is bringing up the order form... my hopes were high.. then she started apologizing and said I cannot order and there is no release date as yet.

I sewer, this is very frustrating when they announce a phone that everybody wants and then don't talk about the availability and pricing...

I know it's frustrating, but there's no sense in getting upset and driving yourself crazy over it. It's just a damn cell phone.

This is the reason why Windows Phone will not catch up with Android or Apple. Period.

No, it isn't.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

Looks like Canada got a limited supply only, and general sales have yet to start.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Unless they plan to overnight all preorders I think anyone waiting to preorder this phone that is supposed to be available in 5 days is wasting their time. Might as well just go with the 8X, that's available to buy right? ;)

If you're too impatient to wait for the better phone, then sure.

I'm not.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The reason people are getting upset is this whole situation is turning into a tease. I could make a lot of references to some not very PG terms used for situations involving teasing and its effects...needless to say it's not pretty.

Apple and Google announce their devices and know when it will be ready and how much it should cost. You work these things out and get all your ducks in a row.

The comment that they're fixing bugs is a good one, but I would point out you damn well better have the bugs worked out BEFORE you announce a device to people. I work for a very small software company and even we get that right on our new updates to our software.

As for the "wait patiently" comments - I HAVE been waiting patiently. It's within my reasonable reactions to get upset that I have to continue to wait. I'm not suggesting that we jump off the deep end and go buy other phones, or that we fly to Finland and torch Nokia's offices like some people around here seem to want to do. Just that I feel it's ok to be upset at AT&T over this launch and the fact that they won't announce anything about it. Especially when given their normal launch cycles they take pre-orders a week in advance meaning we probably are seeing ANOTHER delay in this launch.

Unless, as vagrantwade said, they've decided to forego the pre-orders all together.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Also keep in mind those of us pissed about waiting, are in the vast minority of cell phone buyers. 99% of the people who consider buying the phone will never know about these launch problems.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)