Here we are, Nov 4th Still no pre orders or announcement.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Sadly whatever country the OP represents isn't the whole world. I have a feeling that we're talking about the USA, cos rarely other nationalities make posts that seem to imply being the center of the world (sorry :D), but yeah, many countries have had preorders rolling for a long time.

It's most likely just your carrier(s) being slow/whatever.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Good stuff,

This isn't Christmas. Santa isn't bringing you a new phone announcement to be waiting for you under the tree when you wake up.

I'd wait until at least noon before getting my feathers all ruffled since the stores in my area don't even open until 11:00 on Sundays.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Sadly whatever country the OP represents isn't the whole world. I have a feeling that we're talking about the USA, cos rarely other nationalities make posts that seem to imply being the center of the world (sorry :D), but yeah, many countries have had preorders rolling for a long time.

It's most likely just your carrier(s) being slow/whatever.

Except in Europe, Nokia have blown the release date - it's already gone back by two weeks and might slip further. If it was one carrier in one country, yeah it could be the carrier - but there is nothing to suggest any carriers anywhere in Europe have this phone.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I can't recall Nokia saying any earlier release for the Luma 920 around here anyways?

As for Finland, the only date we've ever gotten is 22nd of November, which is at least not yet blown :D That is the first and last, current and only date Finland has ever gotten. I recall some third party retailers promising early November and then having to move the date, but at least publicly I cant recall seeing Nokia promise those dates.

cefuller12

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
A Hunch

If att hasn't met their iphone objective, maybe the coy Nokia 920 rollout is due to the fact that iphone isn't hitting numbers for att yet.

mhustedde

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, have you by chance checked the Microsoft Store class schedules? I found a few listings for an "Introduction to Windows 8", but in the description it lists a run-through of WP8 features. Maybe that means they will have some phones in stores to use for this demonstration?

Microsoft Store Locations

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I think Nokia spoke about Release Dates in most countrys. In Germany for example, they said they release it on monday on Vodafone and a smaller provider. But Vodafone still gave no information to their customers..., what a shame.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen a phone get so many teasers but absolutely no dates for release like the Lumia.

We want to sell it but won't give you a clue as to where and when.

vizagdude

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
WTF AT&T. I am really pissed. I want my Nokia Lumia 920 RIGHT NOW! Please take my money. I called ATT this morning to see if I can pre-order. The lady put me on hold for few minutes saying that she is bringing up the order form... my hopes were high.. then she started apologizing and said I cannot order and there is no release date as yet.

I sewer, this is very frustrating when they announce a phone that everybody wants and then don't talk about the availability and pricing...

This is the reason why Windows Phone will not catch up with Android or Apple. Period.

yxw4774

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, have you by chance checked the Microsoft Store class schedules? I found a few listings for an "Introduction to Windows 8", but in the description it lists a run-through of WP8 features. Maybe that means they will have some phones in stores to use for this demonstration?

Microsoft Store Locations

I did drop by the Microsoft Holiday store in our region and asked about the availability and price of Windows Phones. The lady told me that they are also making the decision about which phones, brands, colors and carriers to take then. She is also not sure whether the phones will be locked or unlocked. But she is sure that they will carry it during the holiday season.

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I Understand people are frustrated, I am too - However, I do not want a phone launch based on consumer demand as they are typically driven by instant gratification. I want a launch based on a near bug free phone across all carriers. WP8 will not be remembered for a confusing launch, it will be remembered for how the OS works out of the box. If its launched riddled with bugs, it will get crucified, in contrast, if it releases near bug free, consumer confidence will grow exponentially, as people just want things to work. This is much more desirable then "just" getting it to market. I know we all understand this, but relax fellow WP lovers, we have a huge uphill battle against IOS and Android, believe me, we want a solid OS release. Think how pissed you would be if you were given this magical launch date, and they missed it? WP is under the worlds microscope right now, any wrong move will be devastating to the OS. I know if I were in a position to comment on the official date, I would be saying NOTHING until God himself approved. Support it, change your thoughts to, Id rather have a near bug free launch and you will feel better :) At least it is coming.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo