Best Buy Pre Ordered Cancelled?

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Cyan for me. That's what I'd expect to be canceled if anything.

Vagrantwade, I'd expect yours to still be good if mine is since it was your post that tipped me off to the pre-orders. :)

furuta

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I ordered early on the 21st before it was taken down. A white one. After my GS3 debacle i knew better, but shame on me and did it anyway. They wont ever get me again
I also ordered a white one early on the 21st before it was taken down. Again, my order was cancelled.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So, just based on the very few here who have said their order was cancelled - would it be only those who could conceivably obtain their color of choice in store be the ones that are cancelled?

I and a few others who have ordered a cyan model (which you can't get walking into a store - online only) still have their orders 'in process'.

I'm also a RewardZone Silver member too, I wonder if that has anything to do with my order still being valid.

PappesHartley

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
So, just based on the very few here who have said their order was cancelled - would it be only those who could conceivably obtain their color of choice in store be the ones that are cancelled?

I and a few others who have ordered a cyan model (which you can't get walking into a store - online only) still have their orders 'in process'.

I'm also a RewardZone Silver member too, I wonder if that has anything to do with my order still being valid.

Agreed mineis cyan and still good

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Might be the color thing. Not sure. Mine was a retail full price too. I also am a rewards member. I will just walk in to at&t once released and get one I guess.

CoZmicShReddeR

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered three Nokia Lumia 920 the first day it was posted @ BestBuy.com two are black one is white... The White one was the only one that was canceled!

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine got cancelled because Best Buy "authorizes" the funds every day. My CC company flagged it as fraud, locked me out and I had to call them. Honestly, I was glad it played out this way. I'm willing to gamble on Amazon having it on black Friday for 1 penny.

JNSJLKHSD

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Called Bby about my order I placed last week, they said estimated shipping date was 11/13-11/22. Looks like they won't be getting it out early for this friday. Probably going to cancell my order today.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Called Bby about my order I placed last week, they said estimated shipping date was 11/13-11/22. Looks like they won't be getting it out early for this friday. Probably going to cancell my order today.

Well if you want a free wireless charging pad, I would recommend it.

milleril

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I just cancelled mine, why take a chance getting it Friday when I know it will be available in store. Also want the free wireless charging plate :)

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath on the charging plate. That being said I'll gladly take one even though I bought 2 Energizer Qi pads. :D

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just got the same thing.

I received an email about 1 hour ago stating that my order had been cancelled. Just called BestBuy and the agent told me that my order was backordered and "auto-cancelled." It seems that this may be an automatic system within BestBuy that cancels an order if it is back-ordered for too long (which in and of itself doesn't make any sense to me). The agent said that regular orders can sit in "backordered status" for a month or more, but this may be shorter for pre-orders. I asked him to attempt to re-order the phone for me on his end (since the phone is off of Best-Buy's site) and he said that the system wouldn't let him. He started a case with the "cancellation department" who would then get back to me by email within 72 hours.

If anybody pre-ordered a Lumia 920 from BestBuy on 10/21 when I did, go to their site and check your status now, or check your email for a status update and call into BestBuy and complain.

This is the most ridiculous roll out/release I have ever been a part of.

heh, as a Dell Venue Pro pre-orderer, I can tell you it can get much, much worse. There was so much outrage with Dell over it 2 years ago that they ended up sending free bluetooth headsets out to pre-orderers to make amends.

JNSJLKHSD

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I just cancelled mine, why take a chance getting it Friday when I know it will be available in store. Also want the free wireless charging plate :)

I used the 25% off at best buy, so after taxes and all I only paid about $160. I guess I need to decide if the week with my phone is worth the extra money $$. The "free" wireless charger, if it even comes with it, would end up costing me about the same as if I kept my best buy order and bought the plate, assumming the plate is only $30-$50

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss