I'm guessing this phone just isn't ready

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
It might be available in Canada in internationally, but even those phones don't seem to be fully updated yet.

Just a guess.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I see several "dev kit" ones on Ebay... most likely from the Build conference where Nokia gave away a bunch.. they are unlocked, and probably run the latest software. I am thinking about it..

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I see several "dev kit" ones on Ebay... most likely from the Build conference where Nokia gave away a bunch.. they are unlocked, and probably run the latest software. I am thinking about it..

Are dev kits the same as the actual phone? I feel like they might have something missing.

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The Dev Kits are a special pentaband unlocked/unbranded version of the phone. (They have Nokia branding but no carrier branding)

They come in plain packaging and don't have a wall charger, but instead a very short (inches short) USB cable. And that is all.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely not training... Both local AT&T stores I've been buy mentioned they where trained on Windows Phone 8 already.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
nobody is holding this up because of training, to believe that is just silly.

Bingo on this. I have not seen products held up because of lack of training. There is something wrong or a big bug that got caught at the last minute which is holding up the show on this one. The fact no word has come out about what the problem is speaks leaps and bounds about how this is going to go with the carriers, manufacturers, and MS.

mparker

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There is something wrong or a big bug that got caught at the last minute which is holding up the show on this one.

It would have to be something big that would affect a lot of people across different makes and models of phones, but yet something that hasn't been noticed by the current (small) user base. Maybe something like this fits the bill?

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The thing that's vexing is that it's not just the 920. In fact, it's not just AT&T.

Both AT&T and Verizon have nebulous release dates across every single WP8 device they claim they will be offering in the next couple of months. Is there an OS bug that is stopping US carriers from moving forward? That's the only thing I can think of that would hold this device up across all models across the two biggest US carriers.

Simple_WiLL

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
When I called ATT to get some info on switching from Tmobile, the salesperson was like "LUMIA 920 WHO?". I knew more about the phone then he did...weird.

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
There's like 7 different rumor dates. This is getting out of hand.

One would think... If you are going to pre-sale on the 9th and start in store sales on the 11th that you would give at least a week heads up to consumers. I can't recall a phone launch of a flagship device that didn't get at least a weeks heads up on pre-orders and general sale.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Something just isn't right with this launch. I'm still being patient but all this waiting without any proper dates is getting a little bothersome.

niravc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Is T-Mo's release date still set in stone or are they fidgeting with it now as well? Because I'd imagine that if its the former than it must be something to do with ATT or something specific with the 920

Stadifer

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I have no desire to pickup another iPhone and I will never buy another Android phone which is a grease fire of an operating system IMO.

I'm pretty much stuck until they launch and no amount of delay will change my decision to get a Lumia 920. Just annoyed that the big launch event has come and gone and now weeks after we still have no idea when it will be available. You don't have this problem with Apple and their iPhones as they ALWAYS tell you when you can pre-order and buy their devices. For the most part all the Android devices are the same way.

This is the only device in recent memory that was launched and 2 weeks later we still have no idea when it will be available; except "sometime in November."

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs