8 X Power button

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the phone since Saturday and am loving it so far. There are some apps missing that I kind of need (Spotify and Kindle), but I'm sure they'll be around soon.

The only annoying thing about the phone is the location / size / indent of the power button.

It takes me a few attempts to activate the screen one handed.

It's not a massive issue, and I'm sure I'll get used to it, it's just annoying.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was worried about that as well. I'm sure after I few weeks it will get easy, I'm just so used to them being on the sides now I think I will miss that

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing the same thing from all the reviews about the power button makes me a little worried, but the power button on my trophy is pretty flush as well so im hoping that it won't be too hard to adjust to. That's weird that you can't find Spotify and Kindle they are still in the wp7store, and MS said all wp7 apps are compatible with wp8 maybe you could find a direct link to them to get them or try installing them through the website.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I keep hearing the same thing from all the reviews about the power button makes me a little worried, but the power button on my trophy is pretty flush as well so im hoping that it won't be too hard to adjust to. That's weird that you can't find Spotify and Kindle they are still in the wp7store, and MS said all wp7 apps are compatible with wp8 maybe you could find a direct link to them to get them or try installing them through the website.
yeh I have a hard time with my trophys power button. I think the sand stuck in it definitely didn't help. :/ lol

the device just isn't meant to be turned off! haha

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Spotify doesn't show, Kindle does, but just crashes whenever you try and load it after the first time (which works fine).

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The power button was an issue for me with the LG Optimus 7 but after a couple of months after WP launch I read somewhere that you could press the Windows key (the Optimus 7 has phisicaly buttons) to unlock. It was awesome.

Maybe some app can make all WP phones unlock when we press a key long enough instead of using the power buttons. It would be great to use the camera button for that: a quick press when locked and the phone screen turns on. When locked, the camera button still goes to camera mode when pressed more than 2 seconds.

I can't wait to have the Black 8X. It should be here near the weekend.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Rezound along with my Trophy. The power button on the Rezound is flush and very difficult to press for screenshots. Hope the 8X isn't as bad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa