Nokia Lumia 920 is available on 11/9 for purchase

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I called and confirmed with the store near my office that they will have them available Friday morning.

I just cancelled my Best Buy pre-order in response!

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with my local AT&T (Monterey bay area,ca) and he told me I can pre-order before the 8th and get it on the 9-th

No pricing info..

I'm think I'm going to buy a ton of Nokia stock.
I would go with Microsoft stock ... if the markets stays stable, I won't be surprised if it hits $35

samuch

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Called one local store and they told me preorder would be on Thursday for pickup on Friday (order before 3PM on Thurs to be safe). I then called another local store and was told there was no information period and it would be out sometime this month maybe. I called 611 and was told there was no information and maybe it would be out this month or next month. Sad how little they know within their own company.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I just called a local South Orlando, FL store and was told they would definitely have it on Friday but to check in after 12:30pm when their shipments arrive. I asked about a pre-order on Thursday and he said they were not taking pre-orders but that he was "sure they won't sell out". He also could not comment on colors other than to say he has no idea what they will get..."we may get all of one color or we may get all of the colors. We do not know right now".

Either way he seemed knowledgeable and happy I was inquiring about the product. I think I may cancel my BB order and just go up there on Friday. There are so many stores in Orlando that one of them has to have a yellow 920.

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Problem is the stores are only supposed to get black, white, and red. Yellow and Cyan are online only, right? So if I want Cyan, what am I supposed to do? My best buy preorder is still showing in process, but I don't trust best buy to get it to me on the 9th.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If BB would just say something...ANYTHING...I could make an informed decision. If I can't get yellow at the store then I guess it's going to be white. Really want the yellow though...

SuddenlyDinosaur

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Good and bad news.

Called my ATT store, and the person said that she didn't know, but her system showed a promotion including a free charge pad starting on November 9th.

The bad news is that they haven't received the phone yet and that this same thing has happened before with the GS3 launch.

JUSTQUAN2

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I just called and did the whole interested/not interested thing with a store in Crestwood, IL.. The nice young rep told me more than likely Friday(11/9) they would have it in or more information because everyone has been in training or going to. So this have given me a little more hope to hold on to before I totally abandon this iPhone on a roadside some where in bumble**ck Kentucky.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Called my nearest store and they said that they had absolutely no information at all on the device. Rather disappointing.

Of course if this information is just start to trickle in, it could simply be that most managers/staff have yet to check their store email.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, and for informational purposes only, BB support just told me that they are showing a delivery date for my online order to me by the 12th. He said that I should see it in my hands no later than the 12th and "probably sooner".

Again, it's BB and I have zero faith in anyone right now with regard to this release, but the guy said he had fielded several calls about the phone already and that this was the information his system was giving him.

Also, for what it's worth, I asked him his gut feeling and he said that, based on his experience with other items with similar information, he felt it to be solid.

I'm trying to not be jaded...

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Good thing we have concrete release dates this Friday for both the Samsung Galaxy Note II and the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Super Macross Festival Gundam Whatever tablet.

The Windows Phone devices announced well after both of those? Who knows or cares, I guess?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
ATT is as much clueless as the rest of us.

So i decided to go into chat to ask about the release date for the 920, all i got was instructinos how to upgrade and that they dont have information about future promos, ok whatever, so i ended chat.

So i decided to call about 5 locations in my area and here are the results

location 1 - release date is Friday and you can walk into the store and get it. The price is not sure.

Location 2 - nobody answered, great way to get business

location 3 - sometime before the end of the month maybe in a week, how much? 199.99.

Location 4 - Release on the 9th, but not sure how much

location 5 - release on the 9th, not sure how much and they had a nokia rep in today and the nokia rep could not yet confirm the 9th release date and could not confirm the pricing as well. Nokia rep told them that they are planning the 9th, but not official. The kicker, the att rep said 99.99, but not confirmed through nokia rep. this is based on the original 900 pricing.

There you have it five locations, all similar and different answers.

I am getting teh feeling the 9th is not going to be the release date and it will be the date around the T-mobile launch of november 14th.

I can not see the phone releasing on the 9th with absolutely no word from ATT. If carriers are all in, ATT would of already announced this already and put up for preorder as they did with the 900. My guess is 9th is out as the release date and it will be after the 11th.

what say you???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium