Reboots

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I just tried to post about this issue on the 8X HTC blog - what a surprise it didn't make it through moderation. So looks like HTC are covering this up.

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had my 8X for around a week and I've not had 1 single reboot honestly I am not sure why, But I bought mine Sim Free so I wonder if the lack of Network firmware on the phone is why I have not got any reboots?.

Or does anyone else have a sim free unbranded 8x that does actually suffer reboots?
mine also is sim free and I've had 4 reboots in 5 days

Sweendog_99

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I would tweet about it too. @windowsphone @winphonesupport

Bought my 8x yesterday and have had several reboots while the phone was just sitting there.

Magdy Samir

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I really tried to notice a common factor for the reboots I had with no luck, one of them I was on a call, 2 times it was idle and last was checking settings.

jamesdean74

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Reminds me of the 2 weeks I owned an htc Titan back in January, I went through 2 phones from AT&T and both constantly rebooted, sometimes in the browser, sometimes while on a call, sometimes when it was just sitting still doing nothing... I was thinking of switching to the 8x from my iphone, but I'll wait until this bug is fixed, if it ever is

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a 920 I was looking to trade for a 8X during my 14 day exchange period currently on day 6 but some of these reports of random reboots has me a bit spooked. In the week I have had my 920 I haven't had a single issue with anything, no reboots at all.

I'm just not a huge fan of the size of the 920 versus the 8X.

Eh from more research it looks like it is just as much of an issue on the 920 although I haven't had a single issue. I have a bunch if apps installed, Bluetooth turned on, three email accounts with push email turned in, etc.

Last edited:

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Got my 8x today. After spending some quality time with it, I got a single reboot. I knew it would happen but I was always secretly hoping I had the ONE phone that didn't have the problem :D Anyway, I posted to the MS forum to add to the list.

weepatc

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Have had my 8x since yesterday morning & so far no reboots as yet. Now I've said that it's sure to happen. I will be watching for this closely.

medalat

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well I returned my first phone as it was rebooting at least twice a day. I had some apps installed had turned of adaptive, I call it vibrate, but to no avail. I rang O2 and they swapped it for another. Although saying that after my call to O2, as karma would have it, the reboots did seem to stop, not sure it was a hot fix or an app update during that time, or the phone was guilted into working properly. Have had my replacement phone since Tuesday and it has exactly the same firmware and OS version as my returned phone and you guessed it it has rebooted 3 times since I have had it, I am keeping a diary now. It is less frequent than it was but still unacceptable on a piece of high end kit and when I use the phone for my business It is clearly a software bug but it needs to be fixed pronto. I have noticed that when walking with my phone it does vibrate in my pocket, a slight judder, anyone else get this. Not sure if this is linked with the shutdowns, I wish I could turn all judder, or adaptive functions off but doesn’t seem to be an option for the touch adaptive. Surely a vibrating judder in your pocket every time you move can’t be good for battery life.

That said in all I am loving the WIN 8 experience and loving the HTC 8x having moved from my same old same old iphone design and IOS.

I did speak to HTC about it last week when i got my first phone and they had no idea of any fault, I think they do now!

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I am on the verge of returning mine to Clove and going back to Android. The marketplace crash last night on top of my newly found Xbox music track deletion bug/crash, and the regular reboots has pretty much destroyed my confidence in Windows Phone 8 at this time. Seeing if Clove will do me an exchange on another phone.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few of these random reboots on my phone as well. I tried turning off the 'Automatically download updates' setting a couple of days ago and I've not noticed a random reboot since. Might be a coincidence, but I've not noticed a reboot in the past three days now.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, maybe these are not random reboots, but reboots that come from MS pushing out patches on the devices?

Could you please all post what Firmware revision number you have: Under settings, about... maybe it is one version of the firmware ???

I have two HSPA+ 8X Phones. A blue one and a black one: Both unlocked, these are my Firmware and Bootloader versions.
I must say, that I get better battery life on my black one which has a higher firmware.

a) Blue 8X (My first one): OS 8.0.9903.10 Firmware 1532.20.10022.401 Bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(156246)
b) Black 8X (Second one:): OS 8.0.9903.10 Firmware 1532.20.10024.401 Bootloader: 0.0.1532.20(156943)

But I never had a reboot on both phones. It might be that the operator is trying to change your Firmware, but that this feature is not working as intended or it might be a hardware fault or it might be that HTC needs to push out new Firmware to fix these issues.

Last edited:

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Its very doubtful, as I have the option to notify me of any updates and I'm sure any update would have been shouted about before now. Forgive the lack of formatting here (the keyboard on my Surface is arguing with the new forum software). OS version: 8.0.9903.10 Firmware Version : 1532.20.10022.401

jmod14

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have also tried turning off the automatic updates feature as suggested and will monitor this to see if it makes a difference. Will post back with any more info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720