Reboots

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all. I will add the other firmware options in the morning. I've disabled all i can and uninstalled Facebook and only seen one reboot. In thinking its an interaction somewhere rather than one thing.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I turned off the "Automatically download updates" setting last night, so far no reboots.

I hope it stays this way but will post an update if I do have one.
Had a reboot today. It was in my pocket doing nothing at the time.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Blah, just had my first one on day three of ownership. Verizon 8X, as mentioned before.

I'd do the survey, but the firmware and bootloader versions for mine (and other Verizon models) aren't listed.

Firmware 1532.20.10110.605
Bootloader 0.0.1532.20(157404)

Thanks for that - additional firmware and bootloader versions just added. I'm in the UK so relying on other people in the US to supply me with the firmware and bootloader versions.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
That's weird - I'm in the UK too, so i wonder why there are so many different firmware versions. Hope i haven't been lumped with an early bug-ridden version. But still - only one reboot, so maybe I lucked out?

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Have to say no reboots yet since the updates earlier. And everyone so far bar one person has had attentive phone last time i looked at the results. Further additions to be made in a bit

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Whoops - my OS version isn't there either. My Verizon 8X has 8.0.9905.12.

I have added 8.0.9905.12 so please do the survey :)

This thread has been referenced on The Verge so I am hoping MS or HTC will sit up and take notice. HTC were meant to call me on Saturday but didn't, so I will be contacting them again tommorrow and I will be able to give them some real bug-finding data so thanks everyone, and keep them coming.

Again, if you were one of the first two to complete the survey, where I didn''t have the OS Versions set correctly, please let me know in a PM and I can amend the data.

are you on ATT? Curious because I have not noticed this with mine on Verizon.

I'm in the UK so not on AT&T or Verizon - unlocked and sim-free from Clove on release day.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have added 8.0.9905.12 so please do the survey :)

This thread has been referenced on The Verge so I am hoping MS or HTC will sit up and take notice. HTC were meant to call me on Saturday but didn't, so I will be contacting them again tommorrow and I will be able to give them some real bug-finding data so thanks everyone, and keep them coming.

Again, if you were one of the first two to complete the survey, where I didn''t have the OS Versions set correctly, please let me know in a PM and I can amend the data.

I'm in the UK so not on AT&T or Verizon - unlocked and sim-free from Clove on release day.

Awesome that The Verge posted an article on it and referenced both this thread and the MS thread. Hopefully this will help get the issue resolved quickly. Here's The Verge article: Windows Phone 8 users report random reboots and battery issues | The Verge

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Joelist

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
The issue is already getting recognized - it doesn't need people trying to torpedo the platform by promoting FUD sites like the Verge.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Regardless of your opinion on The Verge, it is a highly popular site and probably one that MS and HTC read for use opinion so I think it is valid.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hit them up on Twitter again. I have also just spoken to HTC who will swap my phone out - but at present they can only get me a new one in 7 to 10 working days and I am on call so need to have a phone. They are calling back next week. They do sound like they now think it is urgent to fix though. Just wish they would come out and say what the issue is. I suspect at present they don't know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb