Reboots

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'd be shocked if it were hardware. That said, I'm guessing it has to do with the network stack, specifically with regards to cellular data. I don't think it's a problem with any particular app, given that it appears that people have had the issue regardless of what apps they have had installed.

I can't think of anything else that would be that random and, yet, predictable. It's always the same result (a reboot), just at unpredictable times. It's never a freeze or anything else; it's always what appears to be a kernel panic.

I wish we had an Event Viewer on these things.
Exactly why i can't wait for an unlocked bootloader, and root access. So we can properly troubleshoot

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth. The original launch for verizon was pushed because the wp8 was having issues staying connected to the cell network. If it is still having issues it could be set to reboot to try and reconnect. Just a thought. I forget which device I had years ago, if it lost all data it would try to connect, if failed it rebooted and tried again. Could be the phones just reboot because we keep trying to fiddle with stuff while its searching. If the antenna symbol stayed viewable we could see that.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine for 4 days now with heavy use and haven't had a single reboot, freeze, etc. I may end up exchanging the phone because of light leak on the bottom edge of the screen but so far the software side of things has been pretty flawless.

TurboDon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased three with T-Mobile and no problems so far after three days use. My son loaded his up with apps and has been using it non stop since he got it. All his iPhone friends are jealous because this phone and OS are by far better than anything else out there. If we get any reboots I will post but being a software guy I am sure some of the apps could cause issues like this. It could be related to carriers so please post your carrier if you have any issues. Sorry Apple.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I pinged @WinPhoneSupport about it and they asked me to delete my browser history and restart my phone. Kind of an odd thing to try; makes me wonder if they actually have some idea as to what's causing this.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
What? I guess we need to all hit ie on the phone like flies on crap! To be honest I haven't used the browser much at all. Time to find out though.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Just had my second reboot in two weeks. Interestingly both have been at work - and not only that but a specific area of work. It's got me thinking it might be some kind of signal issue as has been mentioned. I'm wondering if it's coincidence, but I was trying to connect to a new WiFi network shortly before my first reboot, but it was on the very edge of signal range and wouldn't connect.

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
That could be the case - I know mine does it out and about but I am not monitoring the connection state at the time. Either way STILL no reboot since I changed the theme. Wierd.

reverendtimothy

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
HTC Trophy 7 user here, signed up to this forum just to reply to this thread. I've been having the reboots for the past couple weeks, and also suspect it might be signal/app related.
  • Seems more noticable when battery is low, or signal is weak (eg: at end of the day, or certain places like train station)
  • Happens more frequently when using some apps, such as KakaoTalk (can reboot during day if I type too fast), but when signal is low/end of day, can happen with any app (WhatsApp, Browser, YouTube)
  • I've -never- had FB app installed. Just use native People hub.
Hope this helps someone, looking forward to seeing it resolved! :)

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
ahh I noticed if i put any pressure on the simcard tray... my device reboots.

tested a couple times and bam a reboot. someone else want to give it a try?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb