Reboots

drewho

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
ahh I noticed if i put any pressure on the simcard tray... my device reboots.

tested a couple times and bam a reboot. someone else want to give it a try?

**Edit, Sorry phone wouldn't let me type lol
Tested this and no reboots

Last edited:

drewho

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just had my second reboot in two weeks. Interestingly both have been at work - and not only that but a specific area of work. It's got me thinking it might be some kind of signal issue as has been mentioned. I'm wondering if it's coincidence, but I was trying to connect to a new WiFi network shortly before my first reboot, but it was on the very edge of signal range and wouldn't connect.

I've been wondering the same thing because ive had 2 reboots in the same place.

Also had first reboot today after Microsoft told me to "delete my browser history and restart my phone" :-(

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing because ive had 2 reboots in the same place.

Also had first reboot today after Microsoft told me to "delete my browser history and restart my phone" :-(
I've done some more thinking (after taking the appropriate safety measures ;) ) and When I changed the theme I also changed the browser identification to mobile instead of desktop. Previously I had done a chunk of browsing in desktop mode before making the change - I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in that....

Harry Bastard

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed or is having this issue:
After the obvious multiple random reboots I tried all of the recommended fixes to no avail. Now my email and contacts are stuck in a permanent "Synchronising" loop....
HTC 8X on o2 UK network.

drewho

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've done some more thinking (after taking the appropriate safety measures ;) ) and When I changed the theme I also changed the browser identification to mobile instead of desktop. Previously I had done a chunk of browsing in desktop mode before making the change - I wouldn't be surprised if there is something in that....

hmmm...mines always been in mobile mode :/

paramount90

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
So I bought the phone a week ago, I never had any reboot problems so far.. But my problem is that I can't connect my phone to 3G. I don't know where I should post this? Maybe I'm not doing it right?

nicooke

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if anybody else has noticed or is having this issue:
After the obvious multiple random reboots I tried all of the recommended fixes to no avail. Now my email and contacts are stuck in a permanent "Synchronising" loop....
HTC 8X on o2 UK network.
This is detailed elsewhere and was on the front page. Not related to the reboots but may (will) result in battery drain.

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think any one app or uninstall or background task block is going to resolve the issue. The reboots are so widely spread that it could literally be anything. I have tons of apps installed and running and for some weird reason I haven't seen a reboot in 5 days, yet the first day I had 2 and then 3 more the next day after enabling tethering. It's going to be some kind of memory corruption bug or SoC bug.

Another thing I'll mention is the sim card slot. Someone up above mentioned they get reboots when they push on the sim card slot. I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be the cause of all of our issues as well. It would make sense. Good news is, everyone knows about and everyone is looking into it. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

SRRAE

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I lost texts after a random reboot. I was in a text conversation with my dad and it rebooted in the middle of my text. When it booted backup the last 10 mins worth of texts where gone.
Mine has also been rebooting a lot more recently.

jmod14

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had tried disabling automatic updates a while back as suggested. I had no reboots for a couple of days afterwards but they have come back...Glad to hear that Microsoft has acknowledged the issue, hopefully this is resolved ASAP.

MrCetirizine

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I had my first reboot today and managed to recreate it once.

It happened as I was leaning in the doorway to our server farm at work. The room is a Faraday cage so there's no signal inside.

As I crossed into the room, I felt the phone vibrate, took it out of my pocket to see it rebooting.

When it was back up, I tried moving in and out of the room and on the second attempt, it rebooted again. I couldn't get it to do it a third time.

Where I live, the signal (3 UK) is very strong except in our server farm. I wonder if it's related to the way the OS handles a loss of signal or when something tries to update when there's no signal.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

It happened as I was leaning in the doorway to our server farm at work. The room is a Faraday cage so there's no signal inside.

As I crossed into the room, I felt the phone vibrate, took it out of my pocket to see it rebooting.

When it was back up, I tried moving in and out of the room and on the second attempt, it rebooted again. I couldn't get it to do it a third time.

Where I live, the signal (3 UK) is very strong except in our server farm. I wonder if it's related to the way the OS handles a loss of signal or when something tries to update when there's no signal.

I really think this is the issue. We need to let someone high up at Microsoft know.

drewho

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

you know i've noticed similar things, in a signal dead spot on my way to work my phone has rebooted twice, i'm on 3uk too by the way.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Yep. That is consistent with my findings - the place at work where i have had both my reboots is also known for having terribly spotty signal.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
That's pretty consistent with my findings as well. I've never had it reboot while at work (where I have it in Airplane Mode) and the one place it has rebooted has been in my basement-level apartment, where signal comes and goes.

drewho

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently communicating with one of the devs at microsoft and i've sent him the information about signal loss, hopefully that will help them.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I don't have a 8X but I've read enough threads about these reboot problems and it sure seems like a weak signal issue to me causing the reboots.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos