Reboots

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Last night I downloaded an update from HTC for the connection setup app, since when I haven't had any reboots

I doubt that had anything to do with it since that app doesn't run in the background at all, meaning: if you don't currently start the program to set up your phone's settings, it won't do any harm. I rather think it has to do with memory assignment of "always on" apps, maybe a bug in the phone launcher or contacts or background listener functionality (notification system, push services).

I bought an off-contract 8X at my local Wlamart yesterday, removed all those preinstalled apps and had basically nothing on there. Still, it rebooted twice within 3 hours. Haven't noticed any reboots afterwards but that doesn't mean they didn't happen. Since I never leave any apps open in the background, it is hard to tell.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I'm going to jinx myself by saying this....

- removed skype and still was getting enough reboot but not as many
- factor reset and didn't re download skype.... hasn't reboot in 24hrs now

HTC should be paying me for the amount of testing I've been doing with this device trying to figure out a trigger lol

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Below is the last 24 hours with my 8X - HTC are supposed to be arranging for a direct exchange with me for a new handset but they are taking there time about it
9:00 Reboot at desk - phone not in use
9:05 Shutdown - phone not in use
9:50 lost ability to sync office docs via skydrive
10:30 Reboot at desk - phone not in use
12:05 Shutdown - phone not in use
12:20 Reboot at desk - phone not in use
12:50 Sim error - phone not in use
13:05 Sim error - phone not in use
13:50 Reboot at desk - phone not in use
14:20 Sim error - phone not in use
14:30 Shutdown - phone not in use
15:15 Sim error - phone not in use
15:20 Sim error - half way through a text message
19:00 Shutdown - phone not in use
19:05 Shutdown - phone not in use
19:10 Sim error - phone not in use
19:40 Reboot at home - phone not in use
07:00 Sim error - taking phone out of flight mode from overnight
07:10 Reboot - checking mail
07:20 Reboot - text message - Reboot resulted in a black screen with white exclamation mark !
08:50 Sim error - during a phone call

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, this seems to be SIM issue more than anything else.

It would seem that way although yesterday was a bad day for sim errors. I still get sim errors with a different sim inserted though. The two shutdowns and sim error between 19:00 and 19:10 were with a giff gaff data only sim inserted

ajorourke

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying it's 100% hardware, but I've had 2 8x and have returned them both due to reboots and the second one also had sim errors all the time. I swapped for a lumia 920 and haven't had any of these issues. (4 days without a reboot).

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had 1 reboot. I really watch connecting my Bluetooth and what order I do connect. I noticed that I had just unplugged from a PC sync and went straight to trying to use it. I can't see it being hardware. My Skype has been working fine.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying it's 100% hardware, but I've had 2 8x and have returned them both due to reboots and the second one also had sim errors all the time. I swapped for a lumia 920 and haven't had any of these issues. (4 days without a reboot).

Right now I wish i could swap to a lumia 920 - not on my carrier unfortunately come to think of it would swap for a nokia 3310 right now at least the damn thing would work. And i could play the original snake!!!

lara75

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
if I compare mine phone(i have only 3 reboots 1 per day, for now,i by phone 10 november), to yours I discover the difference between firmware revision number-mine is 1532.20.10022.401
maybe this is because of different firmware number?and one more difference is bootloader version-mine is 0.0.1532.20(156246),everything else is the same.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
returned mine today and went and looked at the 920 BUT no offense to anyone it looks really dated compared to the 8X. picking up another 8X in the morning I think.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok my wife just got her first non reboot issue. Every time she tries to delete a text msg it hangs saying deleting and never does. She has to power cycle. Anyone using exchange for Gmail? She set up her work email and I'm thinking it is in the accounts setup and how Microsoft handles this in the OS.

Cern McAtee

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Got my 8X on the 19th, and started having random reboots by the end of the first week, and they seem to be happening almost daily now (just had one 20 minutes ago). Just in the last 3 days I've had 2 cases where it froze up completely during a call. The first time, it eventually rebooted itself. The 2nd time I had to do a hard reboot. At least with my HD7 I could pull the battery out if it froze up. :(

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok update. Had my wife uninstall Skype...didnt fix it. Had her remove her work Gmail and that fixed her issues. Secure SSL on back end causing the issue. Her personal Gmail works fine. Somehow the accounts have issues...find which one it may be and remove it. See if it fixes the issues. And yes her work email did appear to be working, skipping the SSL somehow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven