Reboots

ziplobob4

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it has made any difference but there was updates released for Attentive Phone and the HTC apps yesterday (08/11). I wonder if the Attentive Phone part may be causing troubles as its not an app as such, its more of a system service that is always running.

I've had a couple of restarts in the first week and one morning where the phone had shutdown overnight. No problems in the last few days though.

That's it! It has to be! I had all the problems people have been reporting in addition to SIM card errors and stock apps continually crashing. I reset my phone to factory settings a week ago and it functioned fine until today. Now that I think about it, I updated Attentive Phone yesterday night! This makes lots of sense because like you said its not an app but rather a feature built into the firmware by HTC. Ill try resetting again and not updating Attentive Phone to see if its actually the issue. Ill report back on results!

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I've updated attentive phone with no issues. Add an exchange email with something off skew and see what crazy crap happens. Reboots, msgs don't send or receive, apps drop out to start screen.

Robadan Reeder

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Love my new HTC 8X blue from T-Mobile, but have been getting multiple reboots on my first day of use. Never had any problems with HTC HD7 (except the flash on camera) and and also hoping this is solved quick and won't lead to any long-term issue -- hope to use phone for a while.

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I started encountering SIM card errors after two weeks or so. I was also having reboots every other day or so. After swapping my SIM card last Saturday, I haven't had either since.

rpb1969

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I am able to reproduce The reboots by playing a lot with touchdevelop for coding a Player that is able to resume playing audio books. The coding only starts and stops the internal player. After several starts to test the coding the player sounds crazy. Additionally starting some other programms like IE and the phone reboots. So for me it looks like a memory and task handling problem.

rpb1969

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Called HTC Support and this was waste of time. The Support guy said ... we dont know any problems with this phone ....
We are unrecognized beta testers

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Htc is going to call me back about my idle battery drain after recording video. 6% a minute! That is crazy. Seems Skype is not an issue with any of this. WP8 was not ready, but hey maybe htc can get Microsoft up of their u know what and fix it right the first time.

FantaFant

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having reboots despite the update and the sim card error is happening quiet regularly too.

Is anyone else still having ongoing issues?

mcanalld

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm still having reboots despite the update and the sim card error is happening quiet regularly too.

Is anyone else still having ongoing issues?

I'm still having issues as well but reboots far less now. I was rebooting 1 time every 1.5 days, now it more like every 6-7 days.

All reboots occur when I receive a txt msg and go to respond. Annoying part is, if a reboot does occur I lose the incoming txt message. Has happened 3 times now. If I wait an unspecified time before replying it appears to stay on phone after reboot. Maybe it backed up to cloud prior to reboot.

Marco S

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I just update my new HTC 8X and the reboot problem stiil remains.
After the update it has reboot 5X today.

Any idea when microsoft will fix this prolem?

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
My HTC 8x only rebooted a handful of time before the update, now I haven't had one since
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Mazdak Mohammadi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and ever since I purchased it, the phone freezes up and restarts itself sporadically throughout the day. It happens approximately 4-5 times a day. I am on the latest WP update and it's still happening. I don't know if this is valuable information but it happens irrespective of me performing any actions on the phone (freezes/restarts while in standby mode too). To me, that would possibly suggest that a continuous background process is crashing intermittently.

I am hesitant on doing a software reset because I've purchased quite a few apps/games and I'm not sure that you can get them back without re-purchasing after a reset to factory settings.

Please let me know if there are any log files or additional information I can retrieve that will help with the troubleshooting. Also, I will appreciate any suggestions!

Maz

anon(5562316)

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My 8x has been resetting quite a bit. After the update it didn't do it for about a week but now its started again. Got about 4 in one day. I turned my phone off for about 20 minutes yesterday and it hasn't done it again since. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it though. I'd recommend anyone with a PIN on start up disable it so you at least have a working phone if you don't notice that reset.

Hurry up Microsoft fix this issue I love this phone other than this!

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
been 2 months after swapping my original rebooter and never had a single reboot on my dingy corner 8X (and thats without the update)

SteelSteve

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know I've had 2 reboots since the update, the first was right before Christmas and the second just now. I can live with it rebooting once a month, until Microsoft / HTC find away to resolve the issue. I'm just hoping it doesn't start happening more frequently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett