Regarding the matte colors of the lumia 920

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No interest for grey. Slight interest for Cyan. I'm currently debating between red and black. I hate black phones, but the matte feels so much better in hands than the glossy finish. I must decide soon lol.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Of the three, I definitely like cyan the best. Black is okay, but I have a black iPhone and would prefer something different. Initially, I didn't like the gray at all, but seeing pics of it with blue tiles has definitely changed my mind.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I was leaning towards yellow until I found out it was glossy. Then I found out white was glossy as well. I don't plan to get a case for my 920 so a glossy phone WILL get dropped. I'm gonna have to go Cyan. Bored of black phones. I would've considered a matte grey.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Interesting, for some strange reason, the grey catches my eye.

Nostalgia?

supernintendo.gif

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
How much harder is it to hold a glossy phone? I honestly wouldn't know, and I will be deciding between White (glossy) or Cyan (matte). White just looks clean and it will match easy with what I'm wearing/live tiles. Cyan, while a great color can be tougher to pull off everyday.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
In my experience the glossy one had much more friction/was less slippery than the matte one. It had this rubber-like tackysticky feeling to it.

Not to say that the matte was slippery, though.

I really want red as a color, cos black phones are boring, but I have hard time giving up the really premium feel of the matte black for the tacky glossy red.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think it all depends on the material the device is made from and the form factor. I've played with the S3, and it was impossible for me to hold due to the thinness, light weight and slippery finish.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Gray should have been a standard color. The gray with any basic color live tiles would look good. And it was Matte. Cyan or Black for me as I can't stand gloss anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb