Nokia Confirms Daylight Fix Coming for Lumia 920 Camera

justinl111

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It certainly isn't a concept device any more than N900 or N9 since it's out there, in the market, obtainable.

IT's a proof of concept phone not made for mass market, try to use it as a normal everyday phone I think you will find many limitations as reviewers have pointed out. Also as I have said the quality still does not touch a dedicated camera.

As I have said I have used numerous Nokia devices last one being the Lumia 800, and will be getting a 920 when they are released to the UK market without exclusivity, I have not at any point said the 8X is better than the 920.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I envy the iPhone crowd for not having to put up with all of the BS that goes on about which manufacturer makes the better phone. Hopefully Microsoft will come out with a Surface phone, sooner rather than later, to quiet down some of the nonsense.
Yesterday I was thinking: "Man, maybe I should roll with 7.8 until the Surface Phone comes out" but I really want to try out WP8 sooner rather than later ;).

So I buy a iPhone 4 and I can't make a call because according to apple I'm holding it wrong. The fix buy a case. The home button stops working, the fix well apple never admitted this was a problem so no fix. Then apple updates me to the worst maps ever, and takes away google maps something I use for work every day. The fix, sorry we will fix that some day try someone else's map app. But Every one loves apple iphone.
Nokia launches a phone at a great price with a great camera, announce an update that will make the camera even better and it's the end of Nokia.
I'll take my 920 in black please.
Welcome to Windows Phone and to WPCentral, Erock. Sorry that you're seeing all of this bickering but we argue because we care, LOL! Hope you like it here, man.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
We won't have to wonder for long. Beats is a joke. "Beats" is a brand name for wannabe gangstas with saggy pants, not audiophiles. Monster is just about as bad honestly, the Monster accessories for Nokia are OK, but they cost about 2x what they should for the quality they deliver. I'm hoping we will see more cooperation between Nokia and Dolby Labs. I'm much more optimistic about that than any of the others.

Some of us appreciate awesome, rich sound for our musical libraries... Others appreciate over saturated, pixelated out of focus pictures that will be fixed real soon now, honest! :D

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Some of us appreciate awesome, rich sound for our musical libraries... Others appreciate over saturated, pixelated out of focus pictures that will be fixed real soon now, honest! :D

BlxpF.gif

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Every message board I've being is always just apps discussion, accesories, photos, latest jailbreak news and the occasional Android troll.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday I was thinking: "Man, maybe I should roll with 7.8 until the Surface Phone comes out" but I really want to try out WP8 sooner rather than later ;).

Welcome to Windows Phone and to WPCentral, Erock. Sorry that you're seeing all of this bickering but we argue because we care, LOL! Hope you like it here, man.

Don't listen to aubrey. A lot of people like to argue, especially him. Enjoy your stay!

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

I hope your phone is a car stop gap for your lossless archive at your home and office.

Isn't spamming against the forum rules? Could have sworn it was... ;)

Fitting ever more into that stereotype.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am sure that they will try to fix the daylight quality as soon as possible. They have one of the best imaging teams you can wish for... if they can't deliver, I don't know who can.

GSMarena just did their review on the 8x.. daylight quality is not so good, far from it actually.

Beats audio is a joke. The audiophiles will laugh at you when you mentioned Beats Audio.
For whatever its worth Dolby Headphone > Beats Audio.

It really is a mixture of a good DAC and drivers than can take advantage of it properly. I've compared the 808 to.. bunch of iphones, htc one x, samsung gs3... none of them come close to what the 808 offers in terms of audio quality. I usually test them with the same set of headphones which are very sensitive, Earsonic SM3v2.

I carry my RX100 which is very small yet infenetily better quality than any camera on a phone if I want to take shots.
I've seen many pictures of the RX100, and its a great camera.. but I am pretty confident that my PureView phase 1 phone can produce equally good results, or even better in certain situations. Depending on the conditions, one or the other will win, but it won't be a one sided affair.

Now, when you add the fact that I don't have to carry a separate camera to get image quality of that caliber, or very close to it, well... the RX100 will loose a lot of points in my book. Not to mention that the Phase 1 has proper smartphone functionality.

Pureview 808 is a concept camera phone with a 40mp sensor
There is absolutely nothing conceptual about the 808. It got that "aura" because it was so far ahead of the competition that it was hard to believe that it is really possible. Its like.. if GM came out tomorrow and told you that their new electric car is lighter than a Lotus Elise, it can go for 1000 miles on a single charge, and to charge back to 100% takes 15 minutes. Right.. that sounds conceptual.

So here we are sitting in the 8Mpix 1.4 micron range, thinking how the future holds 16Mpix cameras, and all of sudden someone comes along and floors not one, but two industries (smartphones and compact digital cameras) with 41Mpix sensor in a smartphone.. which actually works.

Bad timing its all it is... Nokia was into a huge transition when it came out, so..it didn't get the attention it deserved, despite the fact that it won "best mobile device" at the Mobile World Congress.

Last edited:

tronious

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
ROFL@Beats Audio and anyone who thinks "Beats Audio" is anything more than a marketing trick to get the retarded frat boys of the world to buy it.

"But dude...it's got BEATS AUDIO BY MY DAWG DRE" OMGWTFXRZ!!!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am sure that they will try to fix the daylight quality as soon as possible. They have one of the best imaging teams you can wish for... if they can't deliver, I don't know who can.

GSMarena just did their review on the 8x.. daylight quality is not so good, far from it actually.

For whatever its worth Dolby Headphone > Beats Audio.

It really is a mixture of a good DAC and drivers than can take advantage of it properly. I've compared the 808 to.. bunch of iphones, htc one x, samsung gs3... none of them come close to what the 808 offers in terms of audio quality. I usually test them with the same set of headphones which are very sensitive, Earsonic SM3v2.

I've seen many pictures of the RX100, and its a great camera.. but I am pretty confident that my PureView phase 1 phone can produce equally good results, or even better in certain situations. Depending on the conditions, one or the other will win, but it won't be a one sided affair.

Now, when you add the fact that I don't have to carry a separate camera to get image quality of that caliber, or very close to it, well... the RX100 will loose a lot of points in my book. Not to mention that the Phase 1 has proper smartphone functionality.

There is absolutely nothing conceptual about the 808. It got that "aura" because it was so far ahead of the competition that it was hard to believe that it is really possible. Its like.. if GM came out tomorrow and told you that their new electric car is lighter than a Lotus Elise, it can go for 1000 miles on a single charge, and to charge back to 100% takes 15 minutes. Right.. that sounds conceptual.

So here we are sitting in the 8Mpix 1.4 micron range, thinking how the future holds 16Mpix cameras, and all of sudden someone comes along and floors not one, but two industries (smartphones and compact digital cameras) with 41Mpix sensor in a smartphone.. which actually works.

Bad timing its all it is... Nokia was into a huge transition when it came out, so..it didn't get the attention it deserved, despite the fact that it won "best mobile device" at the Mobile World Congress.

It was also using Symbian that no one cares about (except hardcore nokia fanboys) and it wasnt even released anywhere. It was only made available by special order wasnt it?

That and the hardware isnt up to par and doesnt work on some networks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99