Gizmodo review

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
How are you typing this? Oh my God, are you ok!!!? lol yeah the weight is greatly exagerated but still, is almost twice as heavy as the Iphone 5, I mean 41% heavier than the main competition is kind of a big deal.

41% heavier is no where close to "twice as heavy."

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If the iPhone 5 had NFC, wireless charging, hardware OIS, 4.5" screen etc... then the weight comparison would be justified. But alas, it does not.

It's called a trade off. Sure the 920 is heavier. But it packs a punch that most other anemic phones only dream of.

Last edited:

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It's funny that the original article kept mentioning that it was 226g until people commented that it was actually only 185g. They complain about one thing and can't even get their facts right. Did they actually use the phone or just look at some incorrect spec sheet and write a review based off that?

Honestly, for $600 I don't want to hold something that feels as if it will crush like an empty box...

Quite the opposite with the L920. It'll crush empty boxes.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
How are you typing this? Oh my God, are you ok!!!? lol yeah the weight is greatly exagerated but still, is almost twice as heavy as the Iphone 5, I mean 41% heavier than the main competition is kind of a big deal.

Wow - are you seriously defending these articles/reviews? You realize we're talking about the equivalent of carrying an extra "half stick of butter" in weight difference here between the iPhone 5 and the Lumia 920...

Never mind the fact that with the iPhone 5 (or any other iPhone out there) you're pretty much required to buy a case (which negates the entire argument as a whole) for the damn thing because it'll scratch if you look at it and fart the wrong way....

I current have an iPhone 4s with a case... same weight (bar a gram or two - but if we're going to truly count - I'll be glad to weigh it for you). Based purely on weight distribution alone, I expect that the Lumia will actually feel a little "lighter" than what I have now. And no - I don't plan on getting a case with the Lumia... :p

Seeing these "technical" reviewers peg anything because of WEIGHT instead of actual capabilities has gotten absolutely stupid...

How about a side-by-side comparison of browser speed and rendering? How about a side-by-side analysis of applications running on the two devices like they typically do with between iPhone and <insert typical Android phone here>? How about the key differences between the 2 devices from a true technical perspective? - Where's that check list? No - the only thing that Gizmodo (and others) have come up with as the primary negative are weight and "lack" of apps.. seriously?

What's more - they actually get *paid* for this inane garbage they call a "review"...

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
How is Weight and lack of apps not a big negative. That makes the 920 hard to recommend over the Iphone 5.

41% if a far cry from 'twice the weight' of the iPhone.

Also, 'lack of apps' is an opinion. What apps that you use does the Windows Phone not have? I figure with 120,000+ apps available right now, you'll be able to find what you need.

If you want to talk numbers, the Windows Phone has only about 4% of the smartphone market, yet it still has over 120,000 apps available. Compare that to back when the iPhone only had 4% of the market, pretty sure the iPhone had nowhere near that many apps at the same time.

Or, if we think real-world, Windows Phone has 46 of 50 top apps. Again, pretty amazing numbers considering the market share of the Windows Phone.

I highly doubt that there's an app missing for the Windows Phone that makes the phone a 100% deal breaker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett