Another complaining about 40 grams

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 920 review: Windows Phone 8′s white knight falls short | BGR

It is surreal how people can call themselves 'tech bloggers' and write reviews like that.

It goes around saying how great it is, how awesome everything is. But, wait..

OMG 40 grams more than the 'cheap-feeling' iPhone 5 and it's all gone to ****.

Damn, I used to be an iPhone lover, but after the 5, (And owning and iPod Touch 2nd gen, a 3GS, an iPhone 4 and a 4S) You can keep it.

I WANT SOMETHING NEW! Not that stale piece of doodoo that you call iOS 6.

Windows Phone 8! And since I LIKE heavy, expensive-feeling, completely innovating/game-changing phones, I'll get the beautiful Lumia.

Last edited by a moderator:

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Funny, they use %'s to describe the thickness difference instead of stating the exact numbers. I'm guessing because if you look at the exact numbers it's much less dramatic.

And the reviewer considers wireless charging a negative thing. ??

Calot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.

It is horrible.

I bet a lot of people are badmouthing the Lumia 920 because of it's 'fatness'.

And I bet Nokia is losing sales because of those stupid reviews.

Come on. Heavy is good.

discohaze

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I like how one of the comments to this review how many iphone users use an otterbox, which adds 1.8 oz to the phone, making the weight of the device to around 7 oz lol

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I like how one of the comments to this review how many iphone users use an otterbox, which adds 1.8 oz to the phone, making the weight of the device to around 7 oz lol

Apparently, that doesn't matter??? For some reason a phone that can survive me giving it a dirty look is nothing compared to a phone that comes scarred out of the box!

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I see never, allways cover on. I think this says a lot about quality of material used in iPhone. It?s fragile.

Me as well, I don't know anyone who uses an iPhone without a cover/case (including my family members!).

Meanwhile, my Wife and I have both had Windows Phone 7 devices for the last 2 years (the original Samsung Focus), never had a case on either of them and they are still in perfect condition.

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
All these so-called iphone-toting "tech" reviewers are running out of ammunitions to criticize the 920 so they they are using weight and/or daylight camera shot as lame excuses juz to make their anorexically thin & emptily light cheap-looking iphone 5 looks good. Its a form of reverse psychology.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
All these so-called iphone-toting "tech" reviewers are running out of ammunitions to criticize the 920 so they they are using weight and/or daylight camera shot as lame excuses juz to make their anorexically thin & emptily light cheap-looking iphone 5 looks good. Its a form of reverse psychology.

It's true, if the worst thing they can find with the lumia 920 (or any smartphone) is something that has nothing to do with the tech specs or OS, you know it's a pretty darn good phone.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I prefer to never use a case on my iPhone 4. I'll put a bumper case on if I'm traveling or hiking or doing some other outdoor activity, but most of the time it's naked as a jay bird. No scratches, no cracks, no scuffs, and I've had it since launch day.

Re: the review, I thought it was a great review and very fair to the strengths and weaknesses of both the Lumia 920 and WP8 in general. You guys are way too sensitive over the weight criticism.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)