Isn't the HTC 8X the best WP8 device afterall?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
First. HTC was the first company to make Windows Phones with Win. CE.

..which hardly anyone bought or cared about.

Second, HTC currently makes one of the best Android phones with the OneX+.

LOL

Third. "Made in Taiwan" is better quality than "Made in China". Fourth. Nokia's own Lumia Factories are in China.

Quality has nothing to do with what country the phone is manufactured in. The iPhone5 is made in China and almost every phone is. In fact, I'd be willing to be the 8X is made in China, not Taiwan. Chinese labor is the cheapest and they have manufacturing capacity that no one else can match. The soft-touch coating on the 8X that peels off if you drop it once speaks volumes about HTC's quality.

Who is having the most issues here? L920 or the 8X? The Nokia is!

Because the L920 is outselling the 8X hand over fist. Why do you think there are many many more posts about it?

Koekjes

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Because the L920 is outselling the 8X hand over fist. Why do you think there are many many more posts about it?

Well, that depends. There are countries where the Nokia's are not released yet. There the HTC is outselling Nokia. I guess Nokia has trouble translating their apps, because it's just stupid that they release their phones over a month later than HTC. At least for me it was a reason to buy a HTC, since phones are so soon not state of the art anymore.

Matthew49

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want the brick that is the 920. The 8x is not only the best Windows Phone 8 device, it's the best smartphone on the market today.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would want the brick that is the 920. The 8x is not only the best Windows Phone 8 device, it's the best smartphone on the market today.

Some folks prefer the 920 over the surfboard that is the 8X. If everyone liked the same thing, it would be like using an iPhone, and where is the fun in that?

techgeek32#WN

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
I would hardly call the 8x the best smartphone available today. There are numerous tasks that it can't perform compared to other smartphones. I have had my 8x for a week. While it is an excellent phone in its own right. It is missing so many features of Android and IOS. I don't think I can wait another 5 to 6 years for Microsoft to catch up. I love Windows Phone and have used them since the first Treo running Windows Mobile, but my Android device can do so much more I don't know If I can give it up and keep the 8x. I will need to decide soon as my 14 days are almost up.

castano22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I would hardly call the 8x the best smartphone available today. There are numerous tasks that it can't perform compared to other smartphones. I have had my 8x for a week. While it is an excellent phone in its own right. It is missing so many features of Android and IOS. I don't think I can wait another 5 to 6 years for Microsoft to catch up. I love Windows Phone and have used them since the first Treo running Windows Mobile, but my Android device can do so much more I don't know If I can give it up and keep the 8x. I will need to decide soon as my 14 days are almost up.

iOS has been around longer and had a huge market share for a while so of course it would have a lot of apps due to longer development time. Android has more apps due to it being open source and since it is based of off Java it makes it a lot easier for many developers to get into it. Give Windows Phone some time and it should catch up. Trust me I would rather have quality over quantity. Most Android apps have **** quality and interface, iOS has good quality apps but everything has to be paid and iPhones and iPads are expensive..

Hypetrak

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

Hahaha it's funny how you can't understand something so simple. People like Nokia because it has better specs/features - people like the HTC because the size is preferable to them and it is available in their cellular network. Or perhaps they have had a great experience with their previous products which kept them loyal to the cellular device.

Maybe you should start off trying to solve 1 + 1 so you don't get a migraine from all that haha.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
In some ways I have to agree with you. But I would say that the 8X is one of the best business, every day normal use smartphones. Sure WP8 needs some more features, but the 8X certainly has a great feel. My girlfriend just switched to a HTC OneX+, speed wise... the 8X keeps it up for regular work and also for the camera. What I miss is more memory. I will never use an Android phone for business, Android software just collects too much information on you. But for the regular Joe... Android is fine. I have one co-worker who is a total iPhone5 freak... (Apple is the best...) but there is no way I will convert to anything under 4.3 inches of screen, but I could imagine having a OneX+ as my private phone until I can get my hands on a 64Gb HTC WP8 device. (Hopefully by next June if HTC sells enough 8X units).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss