At&t offering free charging plate

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
This is also true. California and I think Massachusetts phone customers have to pay sales tax on the noncontract price of phones, even if purchased with a contract and subsidized price

This is true, taxes will be applied on the retail price of whatever it is, so if the retail price is $599, you are taxed on that.

I know south carolina is taxed on the purchase price or discount price. So if you buy it for $99 on contract, you are taxed based on the $99 amount.

Chakram

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info!

It looks to me like the promotion is $99 for the phone PLUS $49 for the charging pad, and not $99 including charging pad.

It is $99 for the phone and the Charging Pad is free, it is all in ATT's press release. http://www.att.com/gen/press-room?pid=23500&cdvn=news&newsarticleid=35656&mapcode=consumer|mobile-devices

Beginning Nov. 9, AT&T customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 920 for $99.99 and the Nokia Lumia 820 for $49.99. For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate ? free of charge ? with each purchase of a Lumia 920.

Pre-orders start tonight at 12am ET/9pm PT (11/7/12)

mtbush

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
hmmm...I wonder what the chances are of same-day shipping from AT&T? if it's 2 day that means we would get the phones on Friday barring no shipping snafus...

red or cyan, red or cyan...arghhhhhhh

and I'm assuming corporate retail will have the full assortment of colors?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
It is $99 for the phone and the Charging Pad is free, it is all in ATT's press release. Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T

Beginning Nov. 9, AT&T customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 920 for $99.99 and the Nokia Lumia 820 for $49.99. For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate – free of charge – with each purchase of a Lumia 920.

Has 12am PT for preorders to begin been confirmed?

I'm live chatting with AT&T right now hoping to get a definitive answer...

And of course just as I thought, her answer was...." I do apologize but we do not have a specific time when it sill start for the pre-order"

Ugh AT&T

Last edited:

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is $99 for the phone and the Charging Pad is free, it is all in ATT's press release. Windows Phone 8 Smartphones Arrive at AT&T Nov. 9; Pre-orders Begin Nov. 7 | AT&T

Beginning Nov. 9, AT&T customers will be able to purchase the Nokia Lumia 920 for $99.99 and the Nokia Lumia 820 for $49.99. For a limited time and while supplies last, AT&T will also include a wireless charging plate ? free of charge ? with each purchase of a Lumia 920.

Doh! I see it that way now... thank you!

threedjoev

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Free charging plate

Hey, I ordered my Lumia 920 online on launch day, and there was never a mention of the free charging plate. Not even in the shipping list. I didn't really want to push the issue, I figured they would honor their advertisement somehow. Anyways, I got the charging plate in the mail on Saturday, and my phone is due to arrive on Tuesday. I did, however receive this email from AT&T today:

Thank you for your recent purchase from AT&T Cell Phones, U-verse, Digital TV, DSL Internet, and Phone Service.
As you may have heard, for a limited time AT&T is running a promotion for a free Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate with orders of the Nokia Lumia 920. The charging plate should have been shown as included when you placed your order.
The charging plate accessory will be shipped in a separate order at no charge.
We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,
The AT&T Customer Care Team

So for everybody who has been left in the lurch, there is hope.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss