Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
1). Rebooting a lot

2). Soft-touch film peeling off

3). Inconsistent battery life

4). Light leaking out through corner of screen/USB port

5). Buggy LED screens

6). Buttons too flush with the body of the phone

I'm really starting to second-guess my desire to purchase this phone. This seems like a lot of problems with this phone already. At least the 16 GB of memory is expandable. Wait...

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Overall you have to remember that most people who have no issues with their product wont come to forums like these to say "HEY, MY PHONE WORKS PERFECT". Meanwhile the people who are having issues are far more likely to post and ask about their issues.

Reading these forums you would get the image that a lot of people either got defective Surfaces or werent otherwise happy with it, but in the poll when someone asked if ppl are happy with the purchase, like 90% were happy with the purchase. It's just the "vocal minority" really.

That said, I'm getting a Lumia 920, but there are bad apples (but all Apples are bad! :D) in every bunch.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Look its only true if you believe it.

HTC has at times been a tad underwhelming on the Quality side for me. OP links to sources would help support your arguments. I have read others with a couple of the issues you mentioned but not to any great extent. If others are having the same issues as you why not start a thread with and take a pole?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You mean, like a light pole? Maybe a fire pole? I could try the North Pole.

You can pole it you can poll it or you can polish it I don't care...lol I didn't realize I was dealing with the grammar police. Damn spell checker!

:p

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm going for the 920, but I don't think you can start chalking up systemic "problems" to the 8X until this stuff is more widely reported and the device reaches a far bigger audience than it has thus far.

I'm sure there will be corresponding "problems" for the 920 on Monday, Nov. 12 after AT&T users like myself have a weekend to put it through its paces.

This stuff is par for the course with most new smartphones. Apple had yellow screens, scuffs, shattered glass, purple light pictures....you name it. Samsung has had too many issues to count. No one is immune from this stuff.

My personal experience with HTC (The Arrive) was great and my wife's EVO LTE is working great too, although I find her auto settings pictures to be generally underwhelming and noisy. That aside, it has a GORGEOUS screen...same as the 8X.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Seriously though, some examples of these problems? Not believing until seen'em.

There is a thread on the booting issues many people are having. The button flush problem is mentioned in most video reviews. And the peeling thing;

Nyivy.jpg

After he dropped it.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
After he dropped it.

? So he dropped it and the corner got damaged? I'd say that's pretty normal behavior for any phone :)

My wife has the 8X and it's completely flawless. She's been using it for a week - looks like new, doesn't have any light leakage, has never rebooted.

I got a 920 and regret it because it feels like a brick in your pocket.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
1). Rebooting a lot

2). Soft-touch film peeling off

3). Inconsistent battery life

4). Light leaking out through corner of screen/USB port

5). Buggy LED screens

6). Buttons too flush with the body of the phone

I'm really starting to second-guess my desire to purchase this phone. This seems like a lot of problems with this phone already. At least the 16 GB of memory is expandable. Wait...

A few cases on a forum doesn't indicate an actual problem with a device. We can look at almost all devices on this forum and see problems. In short you have no proof to back up these claims.

I guarantee there will be problems with the Lumia devices for people, doesn't mean it's riddled with issues. It's how every device is... There will always be people whom will get a defective device sadly.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
? So he dropped it and the corner got damaged? I'd say that's pretty normal behavior for any phone :)

My wife has the 8X and it's completely flawless. She's been using it for a week - looks like new, doesn't have any light leakage, has never rebooted.

I got a 920 and regret it because it feels like a brick in your pocket.

21eyZA7vdqL.jpg

DonMorris

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
After having my 8X for a few days I can honestly say that I have not experienced any of those issues. Whether or not they appear in the future, I suppose time will tell. As for the buttons, I do not have any problems finding them, exactly how pronounced do they need do be?

My only gripe with the phone is the mapping software. Coming from Android this is an area which I always knew would be lacking though.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Someone isn't happy that the Lumia still isn't available, I think. :D

Have you heard about the 920's problems?

1) Screens cracking -- even shattering -- if it's dropped. The damage is permanent.

2) Camera doesn't work well, Nokia is promising a software fix "in the coming months."

3) Users have been able to break the USB port by repeatedly shoving the USB cable in upside-down.

4) Several users have reported that baking the Lumia 920 at 300 degrees for 15 minutes has a severe impact on durability and reliability of the unit.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Someone isn't happy that the Lumia still isn't available, I think. :D

Have you heard about the 920's problems?

1) Screens cracking -- even shattering -- if it's dropped. The damage is permanent.

2) Camera doesn't work well, Nokia is promising a software fix "in the coming months."

3) Users have been able to break the USB port by repeatedly shoving the USB cable in upside-down.

4) Several users have reported that baking the Lumia 920 at 300 degrees for 15 minutes has a severe impact on durability and reliability of the unit.

You told me T-Mobile would have the 8X first. Were you lying? Are you a liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077