Wmpoweruser's Lumia 920 review

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well if you ever frequent wmpoweruser, they have major struggles with the english language. Not sure if any of the contributors speak English fluently.

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
It is a pretty terrible review. The fact that they don't mention the weight issue is a result of the fanboyism. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan boy too, but I would prefer mobile reviews to include some sense of objectivity. I check WMPoweruser still only because sometimes to post stories sooner than other sites.

On the other hand an excellent review in my opinion is the PCMag review that came out today:
Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I actually like this review. No mention of the weight "issue" to be found, so that's a plus to me.

Not that it's terribly important, but they do mention the weight issue.

I did a Find on Page search for ! (exclamation mark) and found 48. A couple of those aren't in the article itself, but a large number are. I'm sorry, but that review is not only far off the deep end of bias, but it's also written as if by a teenage cheerleader. Complete waste of time.

I take issue with some of the grammar errors on this site sometimes, but at least I can read it without cringing.

Last edited:

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not that it's terribly important, but they do mention the weight issue.

I did a Find on Page search for ! (exclamation mark) and found 48. A couple of those aren't in the article itself, but the vast majority are. I'm sorry, but that review is not only far off the deep end of bias, but it's also written as if by a teenage cheerleader. Complete waste of time.

I take issue with some of the grammar errors on this site sometimes, but at least I can read it without cringing.

I'll admit, I only thoroughly read the first couple of paragraphs and then skimmed through the remainder of it. I agree about the exclamation points. I'm a writer and it's generally a no-no to use them in articles that are supposed to be objective.

I guess I just like the positivity of the article since a few thus far have been so negative.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
This wasn't so much a review... but more a fan gushing about the phone he loves.

Way too many exclamation points! Everything is totally awesome! Wow! Look at that!

It would have been a truly great forum post. But as a review... it was very amateurish.

Glad he loves his phone though.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll admit, I only thoroughly read the first couple of paragraphs and then skimmed through the remainder of it.

What a surprise.

Here's what they think about the weight.
This phone is heavy, really heavy! You have to keep in mind everything that the phone has (wireless charging, OIS, solid build materials), so the weight is slightly justified, but it is a really heavy device.

The form and materials feel natural and great, but it is a brick of a device.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
People are either going to love Windows Phone or hate it. The extras Nokia packed into the Lumia should be enough to catch a few strays from the iPhone and Android camps. However, aside from the asthetics provided by Nokia each phone is running Windows Phone 8. The pros and cons of that will ultimately drive people towards or away from the platform.

Nokia is addressing nearly every complaint I had about the Lumia 900 in a solid device that packs 4G LTE, NFC and wireless charging out of the box. Question is whether or not the public's perception of Windows Phone will be addressed here or not.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It's funny because if you read reviews like Gizmodo's review, you'll see that the ONLY negative was the weight. They actually loved WP8 as an OS and everything else about the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss