verizon HTC 8X

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
haha my bad. None taken. I have always been able to do it on my personal account. If the phones are in stock in store, you can definitely do it there too.

BobcatRidge

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the 8X and 822. GPS navigation is important to me. Can anyone give some insight on the GPS navigation experience these phones are supposed to offer? Turn-by-turn voice instructions, automatic re-routing, enter destination via voice, etc...?

Thanks in advance!

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW, they couldn't confirm if and when the HTC charging pad would be available and not sure if it's compatible with Nokia's, however, I read that they share the same Qi standard, so I would think they're all interoperable.

Also, if you are a Trophy owner like me, it's clear that VZW is not subsidizing the phone like it is for the iPhone 5. So you're pretty flexible in requesting an early upgrade (just threaten VZW with switching to AT&T) or purchasing it off contract. Won't matter either way.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to decide between the 8X and 822. GPS navigation is important to me. Can anyone give some insight on the GPS navigation experience these phones are supposed to offer? Turn-by-turn voice instructions, automatic re-routing, enter destination via voice, etc...?

Thanks in advance!

Might want to look at the 822 then. There is a possibility that the 8x is getting Nokia Drive (Not Nokia Drive + though), but that is unconfirmed. Not to mention transit directions, etc.

The basic WP8 maps seem to have the same exact directions as WP7/7.5... hope this helps.

BobcatRidge

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Might want to look at the 822 then. There is a possibility that the 8x is getting Nokia Drive (Not Nokia Drive + though), but that is unconfirmed. Not to mention transit directions, etc.

The basic WP8 maps seem to have the same exact directions as WP7/7.5... hope this helps.
Very helpful! I was hoping that all WP8 phones would do turn-by-turn without having to tap the screen at every turn.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Very helpful! I was hoping that all WP8 phones would do turn-by-turn without having to tap the screen at every turn.

and in the end....they might. Nokia is offering Nokia Drive to all WP OEMS...but no word on who is taking them up on that, or if it is going to show up in the Windows Phone Store...

But i think this is only for drive. Transit, and City Lens and other Nokia apps are still only for Nokia.

Eric Hon

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I already paid $30 for Navigon, so TbyT isn't a killer feature, but if you don't have anything, I would recommend Nokia for the best out of the box experience.

BobcatRidge

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I already paid $30 for Navigon, so TbyT isn't a killer feature, but if you don't have anything, I would recommend Nokia for the best out of the box experience.
Thanks for the feedback! Does Navigon support true off-line maps? I travel in areas that do not have any cell coverage.

cooperma

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Called VZW sales again. Guy I talked to was very helpful . Said bill to account was available and that if the phone was shipping by the 13th, then you should be able to order it on the 13th. Said plenty of phones will be available, so don't worry about preordering.

WP95

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just pre ordered today, got the blue version.
When the lady there heard she looked a little surprised about it.
But I can't wait to get it.
She also said that they ship the 13th and I might get mine on Wednesday.
Can't wait!

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So my friend just got the 920. He let me play with it and I must say.. I am insanely pissed that I cannot get it on Verizon! It is amazing feeling, not even heavy feeling I don't even know why people are saying its heavy!

ryan.kruger

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
What did you like so much more about it than the 8X? I played with both at AT&T today, and besides the screen dimensions making more sense on the lumia, I would switch from iOS for either device.

I like the lumia more, the price, exclusive apps... But more and more when messing around with the two phones, I found myself holding the 8X the majority of the time.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
What did you like so much more about it than the 8X? I played with both at AT&T today, and besides the screen dimensions making more sense on the lumia, I would switch from iOS for either device.

I like the lumia more, the price, exclusive apps... But more and more when messing around with the two phones, I found myself holding the 8X the majority of the time.
Well I haven't been able to find a 8x anywhere to play with yet so I might even have the same response with that! Im so excited for both of these devices. I, going to head over to bedbuy tomorrow morning and play with the 8x (although my buddy says they only have the dummy 8x in to play with)

My problem is that I refuse to update to a phone if I feel like I could have had something better lol. Always gotta have the best

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos