Lumia 920 In-store Colors

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Too bad AT&T doesn't even let you order the phone off contract (no commitment) without adding a montly plan to it! What kind of B.S. is that? No, AT&T, you will not force me to make you my mobile operator.

Looks like my only shot for a yellow L920 is either the Microsoft Store or importing an unlocked version.

I read somewhere on these forums earlier that Microsoft stores do price matching. If they are higher than AT&T maybe you can go that route.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The first part I read about here, the Microsoft part was said during the WP8 release event. No idea when they will be in stores.

I've read that the yellow and cyan are online only colors.

Microsoft said they were going to have all colors available in their own stores, though.

Ditto here!
After all the excitement and stress, I can't wait for the yellow for another week. I plan to get a different color (wife doesn't want me to get red and ruin her excitement)and wait for the yellow to show up at the store and will exchange for it.

people have been mishearing/reading what ballmer said during the launch keynote. he said that msft stores will have all phones available, but the expanded color selection will be available in their online stores only.

Chris Coyle

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
My Att store in Portland Me just confirmed only black, white and red in the stores. Nokia rep was in yesterday and there will be the free charging plates.

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just called some stores near me in Dallas that were showing in stock online (means scanned into inventory but not selling until tomorrow) to at least ask about colors. One store said they only got black and white in, another mentioned red and black and the third said red, white and black. Seems like color choice at launch might vary by location.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere on these forums earlier that Microsoft stores do price matching. If they are higher than AT&T maybe you can go that route.

Thanks. I'd actually be willing to pay a little more than the $449 if it means I could get a yellow L920 within the next couple of days. The question is when will the Microsoft Store begin selling these bad boys?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just called some stores near me in Dallas that were showing in stock online (means scanned into inventory but not selling until tomorrow) to at least ask about colors. One store said they only got black and white in, another mentioned red and black and the third said red, white and black. Seems like color choice at launch might vary by location.

But the common theme in variance is no yellow :(

pike1783

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this in the "any stores selling them early" thread. Sadly, looking like no cyan or yellow for my area. Will be interesting to see if this shows them for anyone else. I'd trust this over the store reps which some are still refusing to say tomorrow is launch.

Might try the online in store availability as the day goes on. Stores are starting to show as in-stock (still won't sell until tomorrow) as inventory is scanned today. If you look by color, it seems to indicate what stores are getting as well as in-stock or limited stock by color. For example one of my in-stock stores only has white and black, another has red and black and another has red, black and white. I'm not showing any to have yellow or cyan yet for the Dallas area.

tlegend2012

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I just posted this in the "any stores selling them early" thread. Sadly, looking like no cyan or yellow for my area. Will be interesting to see if this shows them for anyone else. I'd trust this over the store reps which some are still refusing to say tomorrow is launch.

Might try the online in store availability as the day goes on. Stores are starting to show as in-stock (still won't sell until tomorrow) as inventory is scanned today. If you look by color, it seems to indicate what stores are getting as well as in-stock or limited stock by color. For example one of my in-stock stores only has white and black, another has red and black and another has red, black and white. I'm not showing any to have yellow or cyan yet for the Dallas area.
why think about colors when we have shells???!??

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just went to the order page for the Lumia 920 on AT&T's website. I clicked on "Check store availability" and confirmed that in my area (Atlanta) most stores are showing as having red, white, and black in stock. However, no stores show as having cyan or yellow. So it looks like what we've heard is true, no cyan or yellow in stores

Nabiscuit

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
That's good news. May I ask where you read that? And any word on when they'd actually be in stores?

I called my Microsoft Store and they told me that they would only be carrying the phones in stock that AT&T provides.... So if AT&T decide to bring in yellow & cyan, they'll be there.

It's far from definite, though. :(

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I really was hoping that they'd have the Cyan in store, so I could get one tomorrow or this weekend. If I order online now, it'll probably arrive Monday or later. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos