New AT&T Customer questions

JRSD

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am currently a Sprint customer (ugh I know, I can't wait to get away from their dreadful service) and have a number of questions:

1. What kind of plan should I be looking for from AT&T? I currently have the Sprint $70 plan that includes 450 minutes (that I never use), unlimited text and unlimited data (which given sprint's awfully slow network has never exceeded 3 GB per month). I definitely want something similar, for a similar or lower price (currently pay ~$100 per month)

2. Does AT&T have any "satisfaction guaranteed" policy? Like, in case I am not happy with the service, will I be able to return the phone and cancel the contract with no penalties whatsoever?

I really want the 920. My backup plan right now is the 810 from T-Mobile because of their awesome Monthly 4G service. But given that T-Mobile hasn't cared enough to have pre-orders or anything about WP8, I figured they don't really want my business as much as AT&T.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
450 min $40
3GB data $30
unlimited text $20

So total is $90 a month + tax

2. You have 14 days to return if you're not satisfied. You will have to pay for the cellular service you use.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think there is a policy where if you take a phone home and find that you don't have reception where you live you can cancel. I'm not sure if this is a broad AT&T policy, or if it depends on the state you live in.

You may also want to check to see if there is a discount through your employer. AT&T reps will have a list of companies that qualify for the discount.

JRSD

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
is the $90 after any extra hidden fees? I am not very trusting of those prices after my experience with Sprint. The advertised price was $69.99, but I pay $99 every month after taxes and Sprint fees.

Yes, I do have a Premier account through my school.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
If it is a possibility to go into a mobile shared plan with others, do so, especially with people that dont use data much like moms and dads.

It is much cheaper.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
You have a total of 14 days to decide whether you are gonna stick with the service and/or device. If you return and cancel within 3 days, you don't get charged anything, after that, you pay for what you've used thus far including any activation fees.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
is the $90 after any extra hidden fees? I am not very trusting of those prices after my experience with Sprint. The advertised price was $69.99, but I pay $99 every month after taxes and Sprint fees.

there is reg fees, like a few bucks i think.

There will likely be an activation fee, you can request a waiver.

Not sure what other hidden fees there can be, everything is disclosed on your bill and as you purchase the phone and activate the line.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
450 min $40
3GB data $30
unlimited text $20

So total is $90 a month + tax

2. You have 14 days to return if you're not satisfied. You will have to pay for the cellular service you use.

It looked like that was the price for an individual plan. If you need unlimited texting I believe the Share plan is actually $5 cheaper.

JRSD

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I checked my Premier account, but it is coming out more expensive somehow :S

They want to charge me $45 for 3 GB of Data or $20 for 300 MB...

The more I look into it, the more expensive it feels. As I said, the advertised price of my Sprint contract is $69, yet I pay $99. If AT&T is advertising $90, I don't want to end up paying $120 per month...

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

It's before tax. With your premier discount I think you will pay about $100 a month once it's all said and done.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site

The more I look into it, the more expensive it feels. As I said, the advertised price of my Sprint contract is $69, yet I pay $99. If AT&T is advertising $90, I don't want to end up paying $120 per month...

You should have options for Enterprise 3GB data @ $45/mo. and Personal 3GB data @ $30/mo. They try to get business users to pay the Enterprise tier, but they give you the same thing.

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I can't recommend enough that if you are thinking about moving to AT&T, just buy the phone off contract, and do Straight Talk. I really think it's the best option imo. When our contracts run out, that's what we're doing.

JRSD

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I see the options now :D

How much are the pre-paid services from AT&T? I only really care about Data and Text... if I could get away with not paying for voice, that would be awesome.

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't recommend enough that if you are thinking about moving to AT&T, just buy the phone off contract, and do Straight Talk. I really think it's the best option imo. When our contracts run out, that's what we're doing.

Is it known if straight talk will have the same internet speed as ATT?

wpcautobot

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
True... but LTE?

This is very true, but if you are interested in using LTE, you cannot use Straight Talk.

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I have the same contract with Sprint as you do. What phone are you using? I have an EVO 4G, and there is a $10 charge for "enhanced data" on top of that, though I have a discount and my bill runs about $75 per month.

I agree that AT&T is high compared to Sprint, but Sprint is mum on WP8, so there isn't much choice if you want a 920.

Last edited:

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

To be sure, it doesn't hurt just to call. Since you are a premier user. Here is the number you call them directly and get exact price you want 866-499-8008

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb