Syncing multiple Google calandars

Candeo

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks fantastic guide! It worked for me. I'm going to apply it to my wife's account when she comes home, and share it with my friends who are new WP8 users.

BTW: I didn't have to do steps 8, 10 or 11 for it to work for me.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks fantastic guide! It worked for me. I'm going to apply it to my wife's account when she comes home, and share it with my friends who are new WP8 users.

BTW: I didn't have to do steps 8, 10 or 11 for it to work for me.

Glad it worked. Those steps were necessary for this to work on Surface RT, even disabling Javascript. Withouth Javascript disabled, it wouldn't let you select which calendars you wanted to sync.
Update: I edited step 10 in the guide to reflect that the step might not be necessary. Thanks!

Last edited:

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I am SO frustrated.

Got my 920 launch day and set up google sync no problem. Had all my google calendars, my wife's, etc, all was good.

Broke my screen and had to get a replacement, just came in yesterday and now i've got all the same problems as everyone else.

No dice. Looked promising since it allowed me to choose calendars, but it seems like that one is for iOS devices.

I posted these instructions on another thread for getting this to work on Surface RT. Modifying them to work from your desktop PC for WP8. Hopefully this gets it working for everybody:

1. In IE10, click on the Tools button (Alt+T)
2. Click on F12 developer tools
3. In the window that pops-up, click on Tools
4. Expand the "Change user agent string" tab and select "Apple Safari (iPAD)"
5. Go back to the IE10 window and go to this URL: https://m.google.com/sync/settings/
6. Sign into your google account if you aren't, already.
7. Click on "WindowsPhone"
8. In the URL, if you see this string (without the quotes): "supportMultiCalendars=false", change this to "supportMultiCalendars=true" and reload the page.
9. Now your google calendars will show up. The main google calendar will show up as "My Calendars". The other calendars will show up as "Shared Calendars" and calendars under this option will not be selected.
10. If you cannot select these "other calendars", disable JavaScript in IE10. Do this by following instructions here (these instructions are for IE9, but apply to IE10 also): IE9 JavaScript - How to Disable JavaScript In Internet Explorer 9
11. Select the calendars you want to add.
12. Click on "Save".
13. On your WP8 device, go to settings -> email+accounts and sync your Google account.
14. Open the Calendar app on your WP8 device to make sure your "other Google calendars" now show up in the app.

no good for me since my desktop/laptop are both Mac. No IE10. :(

the "https://m.google.com/sync/settings/" doesn't work for me.

Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any other ideas or fixes?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I am SO frustrated.

Got my 920 launch day and set up google sync no problem. Had all my google calendars, my wife's, etc, all was good.

Broke my screen and had to get a replacement, just came in yesterday and now i've got all the same problems as everyone else.

No dice. Looked promising since it allowed me to choose calendars, but it seems like that one is for iOS devices.

no good for me since my desktop/laptop are both Mac. No IE10. :(

the "https://m.google.com/sync/settings/" doesn't work for me.

Nothing seems to work. Anyone have any other ideas or fixes?

Since you don't have Safari, check if this allows you to change the user agent string in Safari.
How to Change and Spoof Safari User-Agent String ? My Digital Life
Change the user agent string to Mobile Safari.
Hope this works for you.

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Since you don't have Safari, check if this allows you to change the user agent string in Safari.
How to Change and Spoof Safari User-Agent String ? My Digital Life
Change the user agent string to Mobile Safari.
Hope this works for you.

i will try that, thanks.

i did go here, which i think is advocating a similar fix?

http://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/calendar/windows$20phone$208/calendar/-2Jxqb-Ko6k/ilvmHGdYgOkJ

i tried doing it on chrome, no luck...

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
i will try that, thanks.

i did go here, which i think is advocating a similar fix?

http://productforums.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!searchin/calendar/windows$20phone$208/calendar/-2Jxqb-Ko6k/ilvmHGdYgOkJ

i tried doing it on chrome, no luck...

yes, it didn't work via Chrome for me either (I suspect Google has something to do with that). That is the reason I went with IE10

nathanb131

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Wow, just tried the https://m.google.com/sync/ and it's different now. Used it a few days ago to get set up and checked it yesterday for others to verify it's working. So two weeks ago I set my wife's up with just typing m.google.com/sync, that worked then it broke. Then the new work around was good until they apparently broke it yesterday?.

I'm having a hard time believing that google is actively preventing new WP users to sync. It doesn't make much sense, it's not like that will cause new converts to run out and trade it in for android, it's only going to annoy people. Since they are doing this quietly then it's only affecting people who have already made the decision to use some of the Microsoft ecosystem, I always thought Google would be ok with that as long as the information kept flowing through gmail/gcal etc so they can keep selling our data to advertisers. I probably wasn't going to bother switching to the outlook calendar if/when the new one is ever released but now I'm much more likely to.

It will tell me a lot about how completely I need to jump ship to the outlook services if google never fixes this. We love our windows phones, much more likely to ditch gcal than windows phone if that's the choice to be made!

Tommy Nielsen

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It is working for me with exchange!

Made a soft reset and then set up gmail with exchange, now i'm able to see my work calendar and gf's calendar as well. Pew, that saved me from answering old emails in the holiday :D

please note that I had an WP7 (samsung) before Google ****ed up their syncing options. So people that have previously set up gmail calendar when m.google.com/syncworked, may use exchange as a solution...

p.s. I'm using a hotmail account as my WP account.

cjallan417

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
OK I just confirmed this works fine for me. It's important to use https:// apparently.

Type in the address as:
https://m.google.com/sync/settings/

It's important to have the last backslash too. After that choose your device, then scroll to the end of the html address and change the "supportMultiCalendars=true".

If that doesn't work then I'm at a loss.

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me either. I also tried emailing it to myself and that didn't work. I actually came here after posting a question in the Google forums.

I posted the question below, hinting that it works on the Lumia 900 but not 920, which makes me wonder if IE10 is a recognized mobile browser. I've run into this with ESPN Fantasy and other sites. Google Sync used to recognize it so I'm not sure what the deal is.
Google Groups

After posting my question, I also saw this one:
Google Groups

Honestly, the only reason I wanted to go to the mobile sync settings is because of all the news this past week about Google not supporting Win8 or WP8 in terms of apps and now EAS. I guess if push came to shove, I can move everything to Outlook.com, which would also mean forcing my wife to switch because of our shared calendars, but I also use Apps for Education for work. I have no choice in that and if I can't set the sync settings down the line, it'll be trouble. Let's hope some sort of solution will come soon enough.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, that didn't work for me either. I also tried emailing it to myself and that didn't work. I actually came here after posting a question in the Google forums.

I posted the question below, hinting that it works on the Lumia 900 but not 920, which makes me wonder if IE10 is a recognized mobile browser. I've run into this with ESPN Fantasy and other sites. Google Sync used to recognize it so I'm not sure what the deal is.
Google Groups

After posting my question, I also saw this one:
Google Groups

Honestly, the only reason I wanted to go to the mobile sync settings is because of all the news this past week about Google not supporting Win8 or WP8 in terms of apps and now EAS. I guess if push came to shove, I can move everything to Outlook.com, which would also mean forcing my wife to switch because of our shared calendars, but I also use Apps for Education for work. I have no choice in that and if I can't set the sync settings down the line, it'll be trouble. Let's hope some sort of solution will come soon enough.

Did you try these steps (posted earlier in this same thread):
5. Go back to the IE10 window and go to this URL: https://m.google.com/sync/settings/
8. In the URL, if you see this string (without the quotes): "supportMultiCalendars=false", change this to "supportMultiCalendars=true" and reload the page.
9. Now your google calendars will show up. The main google calendar will show up as "My Calendars". The other calendars will show up as "Shared Calendars" and calendars under this option will not be selected.
10. If you cannot select these "other calendars", disable JavaScript in IE10. Do this by following instructions here (these instructions are for IE9, but apply to IE10 also): http://browsers.about.com/od/interne...script-ie9.htm
12. Click on "Save".
13. On your WP8 device, go to settings -> email+accounts and sync your Google account.
14. Open the Calendar app on your WP8 device to make sure your "other Google calendars" now show up in the app.

And yes, don't forget to re-enable JavaScript, if you had to disable it in step 10 above.

I believe somebody confirmed that these steps worked. Hope this helps!

Veronica Rodriguez

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Maks327 thank you so much for this solution!!!! I had been searching on the web for like 3 hours and nothing had worked until I tried the link above just as it was typed.

ticktiak

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Actually, it still works!

I just bought a Lumia 920 and multiple calendars was the last bit I had to integrate.

I tried the suggested steps many times and google just kept sending me to a page that says to check Google Mobile instead of showing my devices. But I realized that it was because the user agent setting somehow keeps reverting to default. Just keep changing it back to Safari (Ipad) and key https://m.google.com/sync/settings/ again.

After using Iphone for 3 years, I'm more than happy with the switch. Let's just hope google doesn't stop this.

cjallan417

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you try these steps (posted earlier in this same thread):
10. If you cannot select these "other calendars", disable JavaScript in IE10. Do this by following instructions here (these instructions are for IE9, but apply to IE10 also): http://browsers.about.com/od/interne...script-ie9.htm
12. Click on "Save".

And yes, don't forget to re-enable JavaScript, if you had to disable it in step 10 above.

I believe somebody confirmed that these steps worked. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the post. Sorry I didn't respond sooner; didn't subscribe to the thread. In the Google forum I had pasted the same question in, I was tipped off to the user agent workaround. That worked great. Not sure why I missed it before here.

On a brighter note, the mobile site straight from the WP8 browser does seem to be working again...so that is nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99