AT&T 2 yr contract question

apRPhle

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I bought my lumia 900 in April 2012 but I'm wanting the 920 so I'm wondering if they'll give me the 2 yr contract price if I tell them to extend my contract for another 2 yrs. Does anyone know if AT&T allows this?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I bought my lumia 900 in April 2012 but I'm wanting the 920 so I'm wondering if they'll give me the 2 yr contract price if I tell them to extend my contract for another 2 yrs. Does anyone know if AT&T allows this?

Sure. If you pay your way out of your current contract and then wait 90 days or whatever it is.

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site

They will not, at least not for a standard upgrade. Sadly, contracts don't work like that. You need to fulfill about 21 months before they will allow you to renew your contract.

You can terminate your contract and pay an early termination fee, but you will lose your phone number and have to start all over again with a brand new 2 year contract.

Last edited:

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I just did an early by calling and asking, but I was only 8 months from eligible on that line, plus I had one line eligible for upgrade. Doesn't hurt to call them and ask. Just don't ask at the stores, they can't really do much. Call customer service and just be polite about it.

gfiz

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I called a year ago to cancel 1 year into my contract, and they gave me a new phone at subsidized price. It all depends how adamant you are about leaving. Honestly, I'm 13 months in now, and going to call them again and just matter of factly tell them I'm going to a WP8 phone, and my two options are them selling me a 920 at subsidized price for another two years, or I'll just pay the $215 ETF and leave for a cheaper and unlimited plan with TMO, who is also currently giving $50 for switching (further offsetting the ETF). The reality is I hold AT&T service offer at a lower value, and they need to do more for my business. Since its not a bluff on my part, there's really nothing for me to lose. I've actually already sold my GS2, so I'm committed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo