Store availability thread(where and how many)

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store this morning at the Pentagon City mall and found that they just had black ones in stock. I am looking for a Red lumia and they asked me to check with Microsoft Stores in the same mall and they did have red. Unfortunately, there was some issue and the MS store said they will not be able to activate my phone at that point in time. So, I offered to come back later in the evening and pick it up and they said they would hold that one for me. But there were no lines or anything. AT&T and the MS store were kind empty except for me and couple of other guys.

I checked with the MS store if they'd give me the free charger as AT&T is doing so, they said they won't be giving me one :(. So, I'll try and go to other AT&T stores here in the city to check if they have a red one and if they don't, I'll have to give up on the free charger and buy it from MS store.

WTF!? The MS store there told me they didn't get any Lumia 920s yet. This is war.

*UPDATE: Did you go in there just to preorder it or something? I just called them yet again and they insisted they don't have any Lumia 920s in! I don't know what's going on but this launch has been nothing short of ridiculous.

Last edited:

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
WTF!? The MS store there told me they didn't get any Lumia 920s yet. This is war.

When did you check? I was there at 10:10 this morning and they do have stock. I saw the box right in front of me, but couldn't get to open it as they had technical issues.

EDIT: Infact, a guy who looked like the store manager said that would be the first one they're going to sell. Also, he got a call from someone else asking for the yellow one and he had to check with a different person who said "The yellow ones will be in only after a week and half". So, if any of you want to buy the yellow one in store, it might be here in a week's time.

xcharles718

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
When to the Downtown Brooklyn AT&T on Fulton St. They said they should have them in by 3pm.
Supposedly they'll have Cyan :-D

But they said I still have to get a plan even if I buy it off-contract :-(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
When did you check? I was there at 10:10 this morning and they do have stock. I saw the box right in front of me, but couldn't get to open it as they had technical issues.

EDIT: Infact, a guy who looked like the store manager said that would be the first one they're going to sell. Also, he got a call from someone else asking for the yellow one and he had to check with a different person who said "The yellow ones will be in only after a week and half". So, if any of you want to buy the yellow one in store, it might be here in a week's time.

Well, thanks for the update. I don't know why they're repeatedly lying to me on the phone then. Pretty infuriating. I wanted yellow anyway, so I guess either way I'll have to wait. Had my hopes up for today :(

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, thanks for the update. I don't know why they're repeatedly lying to me on the phone then. Pretty infuriating. I wanted yellow anyway, so I guess either way I'll have to wait. Had my hopes up for today :(

Lol, so it must have been you on the phone when I was in the store this morning :D.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Lol, so it must have been you on the phone when I was in the store this morning :D.

Probably, I called them at exactly 10:15 (no answer) then again at 10:36, and after I read your post I called them back at 11:33.

Still hoping for a minor miracle later today at either that store or the Tysons Corner one. I want my yellow damn it :blush:. I'm glad you mentioned the part about their yellow stock at least, this way I won't have my hopes up that they'll get yellow when their supposed shipment comes in later today (like they told me they would).

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Probably, I called them at exactly 10:15 (no answer) then again at 10:36, and after I read your post I called them back at 11:33.

Still hoping for a minor miracle later today at either that store or the Tysons Corner one. I want my yellow damn it :blush:. I'm glad you mentioned the part about their yellow stock at least, this way I won't have my hopes up that they'll get yellow when their supposed shipment comes in later today (like they told me they would).

The Tyson's corner one is inconvenient for me as I don't have a car. I work in DC, so I might go to Chinatown store later in the day to check if they have any red ones in stock. If not, I'll head to the mall again and buy it from there. I hope you get the yellow one soon. The AT&T store has the black one on display, so if you want to check out how it feels, you might want to go see it there.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The Tyson's corner one is inconvenient for me as I don't have a car. I work in DC, so I might go to Chinatown store later in the day to check if they have any red ones in stock. If not, I'll head to the mall again and buy it from there. I hope you get the yellow one soon. The AT&T store has the black one on display, so if you want to check out how it feels, you might want to go see it there.

Not sure if you know this but you can actually check AT&T in-store availability through their website. I live in northern VA and I remember seeing a few stores that had "in-stock" or "limited stock" for the red. Might save you a trip since they usually either lie or are just plain lazy on the phone (when they answer)...

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Again, fresh off the phone with my local AT&T Corporate store... spoke with a rep and informed him of the prior conversation I had with another rep on Wednesday. He said they couldn't hold a device on launch day... maybe after a few weeks. He then put me at ease by telling me they received a great deal of the black 920's. He then went on to say they HAD set one aside for me, but of they have a run on them, and a customer comes in for the last one, he would have to release it. No big deal. The odds of that happening are slim. He also said they would order me a wireless charger and have it shipped to me, as they do not have ANY in stock for the free giveaway. So, 6pm cannot get here fast enough!

Last edited:

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you know this but you can actually check AT&T in-store availability through their website. I live in northern VA and I remember seeing a few stores that had "in-stock" or "limited stock" for the red. Might save you a trip since they usually either lie or are just plain lazy on the phone (when they answer)...

Yeah, I did check and the one in Chinatown has red in limited stock (as per the at&t site). That's the reason I want to try that store first before heading back.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I did check and the one in Chinatown has red in limited stock (as per the at&t site). That's the reason I want to try that store first before heading back.

Good luck. I'm in Fairfax... gonna head to the Tysons MS store at lunch, since I apparently can't trust what they and the Pentagon City stores tell me on the phone.

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Good luck. I'm in Fairfax... gonna head to the Tysons MS store at lunch, since I apparently can't trust what they and the Pentagon City stores tell me on the phone.

Thanks, I might already be out of luck. The Chinatown store seems to have sold all the red lumia 920s. I'll still stop by and check later in the day.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I might already be out of luck. The Chinatown store seems to have sold all the red lumia 920s. I'll still stop by and check later in the day.

Same for northern VA, no more reds (just checked out of curiosity). The closest store with any red L920s left is "limited stock" in Silver Spring, MD.

veereshai

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Same for northern VA, no more reds (just checked out of curiosity). The closest store with any red L920s left is "limited stock" in Silver Spring, MD.

Oh well, I'll just pick up the one from MS store I guess. Hopefully, they'll hold it till the evening and not sell it to anyone else.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
In my area everyone has Black in stock, most have whites and one or two have reds. Hmmmm which color to get....

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
So my local Microsoft Store has every color in stock EXCEPT yellow, the one I want :mad:. Yes, that includes cyan. I played with each color in-hand and they're all gorgeous. My only complaint as I mentioned elsewhere is that the glass isn't so curved at all. In fact it's more flat in my opinion. I expected the glass to be as curved as it is in the Lumia 800 and the N9.

Looks like I'll have to order yellow online :(. I wanted to avoid doing any business with AT&T, especially since they're making me add a plan with my off-contract purchase.

adebo

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Juts picked up my Cyan from the Microsoft Store in Tysons Corner. They had every color in stock about an hour ago. They said they received 60 phones (Lumia 920) in total. The first person I saw in the store said they did not have any, so apparently they are not educating their employees. Purchased off contract, they price matched, no problem, no questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb