Lumia Heat and Lag Issues

xxgatvolxx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I am loving my Lumia, however one thing I noticed is that is gets very hot. I am a bit worried about the longevity of the device as it seems to get hot with minimal stress, 7 minute stopwatch app made it blazing hot. My previous device was an iphone 4 and focus, both of whom didn't get particularly hot except if being stressed.

Another odd thing for me was how laggy the music app is, my focus had no effort to start playing music, but the Lumia seems to lag for 1-3 seconds before starting to play, very odd. I am thinking it is just the app. I am just curious if anyone else is having similar issues.

Frek

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So not only is it a brick but I have to use oven mitts!!!

Being serious now, I'd think all the haters that reviewed the 920 would have put this as a major complaint if the phone gets really hot. I'd suspect you probably have a defective phone.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine gets pretty warm near the top around the camera.

Is your music on your phone? If it's in the cloud, it will take a few seconds to start streaming the song.

xxgatvolxx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That isn't normal..

Does it do the same with other apps, or just that one ?

Haven't noticed anything in other apps, although the operating systems sometimes does lag a bit, but its minor. Hard to judge since my focus is 2 years old so not sure how smooth it is supposed to be.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine gets very hot when it's charging, or it is using the cell radio or wifi a lot. Granted I am having battery issues so we'll see if that is also the issue.

xxgatvolxx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine gets pretty warm near the top around the camera.

Is your music on your phone? If it's in the cloud, it will take a few seconds to start streaming the song.

Same, I expect the battery is at the top. When does yours get hot, just curious what kind of usage?

Oh and my music is on the phone, ill post a vid in a bit.

v10type-r

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been good, I haven't experienced any heat issues. It did get slightly warm when watching an HD video for about 20 mins, but I wouldn't say it was hot...

tangobravozab

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine also heats up, in the same spot on the phone (top back). I've noticed that it takes forever for the battery to charge, but it drains quite quickly when in use. I'm thinking the battery and/or phone is defective.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine also heats up, in the same spot on the phone (top back). I've noticed that it takes forever for the battery to charge, but it drains quite quickly when in use. I'm thinking the battery and/or phone is defective.

Restore your phone, my battery life has been much better since I did.

apoc527

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I had that issue with my first Lumia 900 back in the day (y'know, all of 6 months ago). I took it back and got a new unit that didn't have that problem. I think there's simply a percentage of all phones that aren't quite right. I'll keep an eye out for those issues with both of the new 920s I got today.

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mines also getting warm - seems its the case with everyone granted I have been using it quite a bit. It is taking quite some time to charge fully though.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't noticed anything in other apps, although the operating systems sometimes does lag a bit, but its minor. Hard to judge since my focus is 2 years old so not sure how smooth it is supposed to be.

Ah so it's only the stopwatch app that gets warm?

Then it's a app problem and cycles the CPU. Don't use the app.

ZombieBacchus

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine gets fairly warm when playing games. Nothing crazy hot but definitely warmer than my original Titan. Not sure if it is cause for concern or not.

ugadawg239

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
This is my second lumia 920 because the first one had the earpiece speaker break. That phone got hot and my replacement does as well. I think its probably faulty design with the hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99