Verizon Returns? Restocking fees? (8X)

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I am planning to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus to the 8X, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it. (Might not, it all depends on the specs of the ATIV Odyssey and whether I'll even like WP8.)

I read how some people return at Verizon and don't pay any restocking fees... how? Is there something specific you have to say? And what time of year did you return? Beacuse during the holidays they have a different return policy.

Also, I have a $50 credit for upgrading. If I return at Verizon (or another store), will I get that credit back?

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that you only have 14 days to return a phone now (I'm not sure when they switch to the holiday return period) since they changed their policy a while back. I haven't been able to get out of the restocking fee the last 3 or so times (I get bored very quickly and switch phones a lot) but some people may get lucky. As for the $50 credit, I think that may be something that you'd have to call customer service about so that they can manually reset it for you. I had to do this last year when I used my last New Every Two upgrade. If I'm wrong, I hope someone who has experienced this more recently can correct me. Hope this helps.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am planning to upgrade from my Galaxy Nexus to the 8X, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to return it. (Might not, it all depends on the specs of the ATIV Odyssey and whether I'll even like WP8.)

I read how some people return at Verizon and don't pay any restocking fees... how? Is there something specific you have to say? And what time of year did you return? Beacuse during the holidays they have a different return policy.

Also, I have a $50 credit for upgrading. If I return at Verizon (or another store), will I get that credit back?

Two things I am pretty sure of:

#1 the ATIV Odyssey will have better overall specs (although likely slightly inferior camera, build, & call quality) compared to the HTC 8X. Much larger screen, more potential storage capacity, and gyro sensor though.

#2 the ATIV Odyssey will not be out within the return period of the 8X if you bought the 8X now I believe.

The ATIV Odyssey will be out in a month, why not just wait for it? It is a better choice than the Galaxy Nexus IMO...

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Two things I am pretty sure of:

#1 the ATIV Odyssey will have better overall specs (although likely slightly inferior camera, build, & call quality) compared to the HTC 8X. Much larger screen, more potential storage capacity, and gyro sensor though.

#2 the ATIV Odyssey will not be out within the return period of the 8X if you bought the 8X now I believe.

The ATIV Odyssey will be out in a month, why not just wait for it? It is a better choice than the Galaxy Nexus IMO...
Because I want to try out WP, I might not even like it LOL. And I want to try out the 8X's hardware also.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that you only have 14 days to return a phone now (I'm not sure when they switch to the holiday return period) since they changed their policy a while back. I haven't been able to get out of the restocking fee the last 3 or so times (I get bored very quickly and switch phones a lot) but some people may get lucky. As for the $50 credit, I think that may be something that you'd have to call customer service about so that they can manually reset it for you. I had to do this last year when I used my last New Every Two upgrade. If I'm wrong, I hope someone who has experienced this more recently can correct me. Hope this helps.
I'll just wait for when Best Buy will release it then... no restocking fees. Or Costco.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that Best Buy or Costco may not honor your $50 upgrade credit. I can't remember if they do or not.
You mean take it? Yeah I know they don't, but the thing is that Costco doesn't charge tax, and the tax is about $50. So it doesn't matter where to buy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss