Anyone else buy some NFC tags to play with?

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
hey, is it possible to have such a TAG in your car that enables Bluetooth if the phone connects to that tag? and turns it off if it will be removed? I need my bluetooth only in the car.
This is exactly what I wanted to do. Or better yet have a wireless charge pad with this ability integrated and once our camera lens is magnetic or whatnot, it should help hold it in place foe in the car. So the phone won't slip off and won't turn the function on and off unexpectedly.But if we don't get direct settings access... Launching an app would be ok... Or even right into the settings, but I'd rather have it directly do it if it would be reliable, since it already will prompt you to accept the NFC anyway.But in this use, I question something. So right now we have this issue with battery and supposedly NFC. So... Bluetooth I'd more useful than NFC to me. So should I just leave Bluetooth on all the time or NFC on all the time?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The old webOS phones with Touchstones had a pretty decent magnet and it still wasn't stable enough for consistent in-car charging.

Undersky

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Dang, I was looking forward to putting tags in my apartment and at my workplace. I would love to come home, tap a tag, automatically checkin / share on Foursquare, turn off bluetooth, turn on wifi etc. And next to the bed, tap a tag to put it in silent mode and ideally start playing my Squeezebox (I know, that would be stretching it a bit, but a man can dream =) I was really hoping you'd be able to build macros that would be executed.

@mopius: If you could do somekind of app that would let us do at least a tiny bit of above, I'd be a happy camper.

John Kwon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Same as everyone else, I was so looking forward to writing tags to toggle Bluetooth and WiFi on/off and got a dozen tags. Very disappointed to find we can't do this.

I can read a device that does this and have tried duplicating the Mime records with NFC Interactor, but it doesn't work. Can't figure it out. Help, mopius!

Butan

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am also looking for this .But I can not find it somewhere in the web :/
its possible to open a shortcut but that isnt the same :(

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know how to launch the alarm app through NFC? Nokia Accessories app doesn't have it listed and I don't like/trust the other alarm apps on the market. I like the simplicity of the stock alarm app.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
The NTAG chips are already NDEF formatted, you have to request NDEF on the other tags. Just don't get the Classic 1K tags, those won't work with Windows Phones.

is this true ??? i just bought 5 of them to use with my lumia 820 but cant get then to write, im thinking this might be why,
the advert said it will work with nokia 820 so i will ask for a refund if its true

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12