Transferring contacts from android to windows phone 8?

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My current android does not use a SIM and I won't have both devices with me at the same time (I am returning the android phone before I get the Lumia later today).

Thanks!

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have your contacts sync'd to your Google account, then you just need to add your Google account to your new Windows Phone device, and all your mail, calendar, and contacts will sync.

nico002

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have your contacts sync'd to your Google account, then you just need to add your Google account to your new Windows Phone device, and all your mail, calendar, and contacts will sync.

That seems easy enough, I'm quite sure that I have everything sycned to my google account, how can I check for sure?

Thanks again guys

prjkthack

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
That seems easy enough, I'm quite sure that I have everything sycned to my google account, how can I check for sure?

Thanks again guys

Depending on your Android phone, there are a couple different ones.

- Open your Contacts/People app, and see if you can view your different contact lists. For example, on an HTC One X, I can open the People app, tap on the header at the top, and it'll show me a drop down menu where I can choose to see All contacts, contacts from Skype, contacts from Google, etc. If you filter your contacts to show your Google ones and your contacts are still there, then that means they sync.

- You can check the Accounts & sync settings, tap your Google account, and see if its syncing contacts at all.

- You can also jump onto Gmail, sign in to the same account you use on your phone, click on Contacts to see what Contacts are on your Gmail account. Anything there is sync'd with your Android phone.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

This works great. If you have multiple calendars, go to m.google.com/sync from your phone, and enable the additional calendars.

ScottDisick

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I want to buy a windows phone. But i don't know how to transfer android contacts to Nokia WinPhone. I have more than 200 contacts on my android phone. Help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12